In an unexpected reveal from Sony Interactive Entertainment today, it was announced that the next controller to supersede the DualShock 4 would be called the DualSense. It’ll be launching alongside Sony’s next console, the PS5, later this year and if you’re looking for the most important details and facts regarding the new controller, look no further.
1: Say Bye-Bye to the Share Button and Light Bar… Kind Of
One of the big innovations that Sony brought in the last generation of consoles was the addition of the Share button on the DualShock 4 controller. It allows players to instantly record or screenshot their favorite gaming moments and then share them on social media sites with their friends.
Yes, the Share button is gone from the new DualSense wireless controller for the PS5, but it’s being replaced with the new Create button. Sony didn’t mention just yet how it’s going to change things for players, but the company did say that it’s “pioneering new ways for players to create epic gameplay content to share with the world, or just to enjoy for themselves.“
While no details were shared, we can assume that this new button will have the same functionality as the Share button on the DS4 but with even more features.
Also, instead of having one big light bar on the front of the controller, the DualSense will have a small bar on each side of the touch pad, giving the controller some visual pop.
- The Last of Us Part II Gameplay Will Be Revealed in New PlayStation State of Play (But No PS5 News)
- Outriders for PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, & PC Revealing New Gameplay Next Week; Teaser Released
- Outriders for PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, & PC Gets New Screenshots Showing its Characters
- Sony: Partnership With Microsoft on Cloud Gaming Is Going to Be “Very Strong;” PS5 Lineup Reveal Teased
- Epic CEO: Unreal Engine 5 Nanite & Lumen Tech Will Be Awesome on Both PS5 & Xbox Series X