In an unexpected reveal from Sony Interactive Entertainment today, it was announced that the next controller to supersede the DualShock 4 would be called the DualSense. It’ll be launching alongside Sony’s next console, the PS5, later this year and if you’re looking for the most important details and facts regarding the new controller, look no further.
1: Say Bye-Bye to the Share Button and Light Bar… Kind Of
One of the big innovations that Sony brought in the last generation of consoles was the addition of the Share button on the DualShock 4 controller. It allows players to instantly record or screenshot their favorite gaming moments and then share them on social media sites with their friends.
Yes, the Share button is gone from the new DualSense wireless controller for the PS5, but it’s being replaced with the new Create button. Sony didn’t mention just yet how it’s going to change things for players, but the company did say that it’s “pioneering new ways for players to create epic gameplay content to share with the world, or just to enjoy for themselves.“
While no details were shared, we can assume that this new button will have the same functionality as the Share button on the DS4 but with even more features.
Also, instead of having one big light bar on the front of the controller, the DualSense will have a small bar on each side of the touch pad, giving the controller some visual pop.
- Quantum Error for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PS4 Shows Gameplay in New Teaser Trailer
- Guilty Gear -Strive- for PS5, PS4, & PC Reveals New Gameplay Showing I-No & Mito Anji in Action
- Guilty Gear -Strive- for PS5, PS4, and PC Delayed to June
- MLB The Show 21 60FPS, & Stadium Builder Coming to PS5 & Series X|S
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade for PS5 Gets Screenshots & Details About Characters, Features, & More