Once more a legendary has been farmed from the depths of the new Borderlands 3 event. As usual, legendary weapons are the goal to strive for, the exact reason to farm in the game. As this event doesn’t last forever, it’s easier to know what to farm and where to collect them. Here’s how to get the OPQ System Legendary Assault Rifle including stats and perks.
How to get the OPQ System Legendary Assault Rifle in Borderlands 3
As with any legendary during the Revenge of the Cartels event, the OPQ System can only be earned in the Villa Ultraviolet. Entry to the Villa Ultraviolet is only available through the Revenge of the Cartels: Ultraviolet Nights and the Revenge of the Cartels II: The Revengeing quests. The latter of the two is the one that can be farmed, but once you beat Joey Ultraviolet, you must do the quest again (including collecting 30 decoder rings off of Cartel Members) for another shot at the Joey Ultraviolet boss fight.
As far as the fight goes, Joey Ultraviolet has the highest chance to drop the OPQ System, but it could also drop from one the minibosses flanking him.
The version that dropped for us was on Mayhem 3, but utilizing Mayhem mode isn’t a requirement, merely a suggestion.
Stats and Perks
The first thing you should notice is the damage. Atlas guns have a unique effect that while x2 damage on other weapons mean they use double the ammo, Atlas guns don’t. So for the OPQ System that 9,620 total damage comes at no extra cost of ammo. This gun is a force made only for destruction.
Unlike usual Atlas guns, the OPQ System doesn’t fire a tracking shot to make the bullets home onto enemies. Instead, the secondary fire launches a drone OPQ System that flies around autonomously for a brief period and shoots enemies, similar to the Ten Gallon Tediore SMG.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
To summarize farming the OPQ System,
- Progress Maurice’s quest(s) until the Joey Ultraviolet boss fight.
After the first quest from then on it will be the Revenge of the Cartels II: The Revengeing quest that you can do over and over to keep getting to the boss fight.
- Joey Ultraviolet has the best chance of dropping the OPQ System, but the minibosses during the fight can as well.
- Mayhem 1-3 is suggested, just to help the drop rate.
There you have it, how to get the OPQ System Legendary Assault Rifle.
- Borderlands 3 Couch Co-Op Returns With 4-Player Split-Screen on PS5 and Xbox Series X
- Borderlands 3: Season Pass 2 Kicks Off With Sizzle Reel Showing New Skill Trees
- Borderlands 3 Season 2 Introduces New Designer & Director’s Cut Game Modes
- Borderlands 3 Next-Gen Upgrade Set to Launch Day-and-Date With New Consoles
- Borderlands 3’s Latest Hotfix Preps Game for Bloody Harvest Event