Borderlands 3 might be all about the guns, but sometimes it is also what is behind the guns as well. Yes, that sounds cheesy but shields are very important. If you don’t have good enough defense it won’t matter how much damage you can do. The Revenge of the Cartels event has your back (and front) when it comes to a new legendary shield added. Here’s how to get the Firewall Legendary Shield including stats and perks.
How to Get the Firewall Legendary Shield in Borderlands 3
As with any Revenge of the Cartels legendaries, they are gained during the fight with Joey Ultraviolet at the end of whichever Maurice quest you are doing.
If you have finished the first one, it will always be Revenge of the Cartels II: The Revengening. You can’t simply farm the boss fight, but you can certainly just keep doing the quest to keep getting access.
The Firewall can be dropped by either Joey Ultraviolet or one of his minibosses during the fight. They are a requirement to win the fight, so you can’t miss any of them.
As usual, applying or increasing Mayhem levels isn’t required, but it absolutely helps, especially when the drop rate is stubborn.
Stats and Perks
Being a Hyperion shield, crouching causes a shield to be projected. Usually, these are good for taking shots, but they don’t provide enough of a strategy.
The projected shield for the Firewall doesn’t just get hit, it bounces shots back to the enemy, doing some pretty solid damage. Not only that, but a percentage of damage done is then put back into charging the shield itself. Crouch walking becomes an offensive and defensive strategy because of this thing.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
To summarize getting the Firewall
- Progress to the Joey Ultraviolet boss fight at the end of Maurice’s quest. You can’t directly farm the fight, but you can keep doing Maurice’s second quest.
- Not required, but putting the game into Mayhem 1-3 does make a difference with drop rate.
There you have it, everything you need to know for how to get the Firewall Legendary Shield in Borderlands 3.
- Borderlands 3 Is Not, in Fact, Coming to Switch, 2K Confirms
- PS Now Adds Marvel’s Avengers, Borderlands 3, & The Long Dark in April
- Borderlands 3’s Show Me The Eridium Event is Live, New DLC Incoming
- Haley Bennett Is the Latest Addition to the Borderlands Movie’s Ridiculously Star-Studded Cast
- Borderlands 3 Director’s Cut DLC Delayed Due to Texas Weather Issues