Neon Tetra are one of the many fish you’ll need to catch in Animal Crossing: New Horizons to complete your Critterpedia and fill Blathers’ Museum with every last species you can find. Just like all other fish in the game. However, you’ll need to be fishing in the right place at the right time in the right season to have a chance of catching one. Here’s how to catch Neon Tetra in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Catching Neon Tetra in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
First off, you’ll need to make sure that Neon Tetra are catchable when you’re playing the game. These tiny fish can only be caught in the following months:
- Northern Hemisphere: April – November
- Southern Hemisphere: October – April
As long as you’re within these months for your island’s hemisphere, you should be able to catch Neon Tetra in the river.
Specifically, you’ll need to fish in your river during the hours of 9am until 4pm. Outside of these hours and the Neon Tetra simply won’t show up, no matter how long you wait for.
The last thing you need to know about catching these tiny fish is to look out for their teeny tiny shadows in the water. They’re the smallest fish shadow type you can find in the game.
If you need to further boost your chances of finding a Neon Tetra, head to the river between the hours of 9am until 4pm, and use fish bait. This will cause a fish to spawn, but you’ll need to hope it’s one of the very small shadows. If it’s not, walk off and return until one does.
Neon Tetra Sell Price
After you’ve donated a Neon Tetra to Blathers at the Museum to help build his collection of critters, you’ll then be able to sell them guilt-free. Timmy and Tommy will buy these off you for 500 Bells, so they’re not the most valuable of fish to farm.
That’s all you need to know about catching Neon Tetra in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Head over to our wiki for more tips, search for Twinfinite, or you can check out more of our guides on the game below.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons