It’s only been a couple of years since the release of the original Persona 5, but Atlus is already back with a new and improved version of the game. Persona 5 Royal comes packed with so much new story content that you can be prepared to add another 20 to 30 hours to the already long playtime. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s new in Persona 5 Royal.
The new Confidants are probably the headlining feature of Persona 5 Royal. You’ve already seen her in all of the promotional material, but newcomer Kasumi Yoshizawa is a brand new first-year honors student who plays a key part in the story as you head towards its conclusion.
However, what you might not know is that there’s actually a second Confidant added into the game as well. Takuto Maruki is another new character who gets introduced here, and he takes on the role of a school counselor who gets brought in after the Kamoshida incident early on in the game. His addition definitely feels organic to the story, and both he and Kasumi are certainly worth spending time with, especially if you want to see all the new content.
In addition to that, Mishima actually gets a couple new scenarios in his own Confidant storyline as well. He was a little bland in the original game, but he gets a much better, much more fleshed out character arc in Royal.
- Yakuza Series Sales Grow While Persona 5 Royal Breaks Records in the West; Total War Also Performs Strongly
- 5 New Features in Persona 5 Royal That Should Definitely Be In The Next Game
- Persona 5 Royal: How to Beat Okumura
- Persona 5 Royal’s New Content Is Worth Another 100 Hours of Your Life… Probably
- Persona 5 Royal: How to Get All New Endings