There are a ton of different ways you can take down enemies in Doom Eternal. With a plethora of executions and outrageous weapons to make use of, you’ll have no struggle dismembering demons. Sometimes, though, you need something a little more explosive. Here’s how to throw grenades in Doom Eternal.
Throwing Grenades in Doom Eternal
First off, you’ll need to unlock grenades. Fortunately, you’ll do this automatically within the first 20-30 minutes of the game.
With grenades unlocked, you’ll then be able to use them by pressing L1 on PS4 or LB on Xbox One. Use the right analog stick to aim where you want the grenade to go, otherwise you could have a real bad time.
Changing Grenade Type in Doom Eternal
As you progress further through Doom Eternal, you’ll unlock more grenade types. You can switch through these by pressing left on the d-pad. This will cycle through all available grenade types, such as the Ice Bomb.
You can check out the full list of grenade types you can unlock in the game below:
- Frag Grenade
- Ice Bomb
Each grenade type is useful for taking out a different enemy type, or weakening armor. We’ve made a note next to each one above so you know what scenario each is best for.
- New Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods Gameplay Trailer Revealed
- DOOM Eternal Adds Render Modes to Make Your Screenshots Look Even More Awesome
- DOOM Eternal The Ancient Gods Expansion Revealed in New Teaser
- Doom Eternal, Elder Scrolls Online Coming to PS5 & Xbox Series X
- Why Doom Eternal’s Easy Mode Is Actually Its Most Satisfying