Doom Eternal features so many different enemies, with loads spawning at one time. Sometimes enemies will keep spawning and you’ll have to do something about it. So that you can make the arena less dangerous, here’s everything you need to know about how to destroy buff totems in Doom Eternal.
Buff Totems are introduced about half way through the game and are basically demon summoners that pump out enemies until they’re destroyed. You’ll know when one’s about when the enemies around you are encased in a red glow.
How to Destroy Buff Totems in Doom Eternal
Buff Totems tend to be hidden pretty well. They’ll be in corners of arenas or in difficult to reach sections of the map. As soon as you see that enemies have the red glow, search the area as much as you can until you’ve found it.
Once you have found the thing stuck in the ground, looking like the one seen in the screenshot below, you need to approach it. Then, when next to it, you need to press R3 to rip it out of the ground.
Then, with it disabled, the red glow will disappear from the enemies around you and no more will spawn after you kill them. With it removed, just play as you normally would, killing everything and moving on.
Don’t get Buff Totem enemies confused with Archvile enemies that appear later on in the game. They have the same ability to summon enemies, so kill them and then you can continue. The glow for them is more orange than red though.
In short, to destory buff totems in Doom Eternal
- Look for enemies with the red glow and search the map for the totem.
- Approach it and press R3 to rip it out of the ground.
- Doom Eternal: What the Code for Computer in Doom Slayer’s Room Is (Doom 2)
- 10 Most Brutal & Metal Finishers in Doom Eternal
- 8 Games Like Doom Eternal If You’re Looking for Something Similar
- Doom Eternal: How to Get Unicorn Skin
- Doom Eternal vs Animal Crossing New Horizons: Which Game Should You Buy If You Can Only Pick One?