As you become adept at crafting different tools and items in Animal Crossing New Horizons, more advanced recipes will become available. These often require special materials, one of which is rusted parts, which are used to craft a cool piece of furniture. Here’s how to get rusted parts and what they’re used for in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Getting Rusted Parts in Animal Crossing New Horizons
There’s only one way to get rusted parts and that involves speaking with Gulliver, a seagull who’s found laying on the beach at random points during the week.
So far as we can tell, there’s absolutely no consistency to finding Gulliver; sometimes he appears twice in a single week, other times only once. Time of the day and weather seem to make no difference either.
Essentially, you’ll just need to patrol the beach every day until you see him. Once you have, go and speak with him –you may need to prompt him a few times before he gets to point– and he’ll explain to you that he’s missing his communicator parts required to get his phone working again.
That’s your cue to go and dig them up. They’re found on the beach, hiding inside Manilla Clams. Locating them is a sinch — just look out for the dark spots that spurt water every once in a while. Pull out your shovel (here’s how to get a shovel) and dig the spot to retrieve a communicator part. Find four more and hand them back to Gulliver.
Gulliver will then leave the island and send you something in the mail, but it won’t be a rusty part.
Instead, you’ll have to return to your Resident Services building and check the recycling box. Inside you’ll find a single Rusted Part.
Unfortunately, to craft the item in question (more on that below), you’ll need a whopping 30 Rusted Parts! Worse still, the only way to get them is to wait for Gulliver to return to the island, which as we mentioned earlier, he typically does a couple of times a week.
To farm Rusted Parts you’ll have to just keep repeating the above process. You can use the time skip option if you’re willing to exploit the game, which we’ve explained how to do in our Bank Interest Bell exploit guide.
Let’s recap the process in step-by-step breakdown:
- Search for Gulliver the washed-up seagull on the beach and speak with him (requires a few attempts because he’s sleeping).
- Find Gulliver’s communicator parts by digging where you see Manilla Clams. Use your shovel to dig one up.
- Return five communicator parts to Gulliver and then check the recycling box in your Resident Services building.
- Repeat this process until you have 30 parts. Obviously, do not sell your Rusted Parts since they are rare and used to craft a specific piece of furniture.
What Rusted Parts Are Used For
Once you have enough Rusted Parts, you’ll be able to craft The Robot Hero furniture item. Of course, you’ll first need the recipe, which is unlocked in exchange for 5000 Nook Miles at the Nook Stop terminal.
Here’s the full list of recipes necessary to craft The Robot Hero:
- 30 Rusted Parts
- 90 Iron Nuggets
- 10 Gold Nuggets
- 1 Gold Armor
- 1 Rocket
That is everything you should need to know about how to get rusted parts and what they’re used for in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For more useful tips and guides on the game, check out Twinfinite’s extensive guide wiki.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Turkey Day DIY Recipes
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Turkey Day Secret Ingredients
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Start Turkey Day
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get the Yule Log
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Increase Item Storage