Possibly one of the most eagerly anticipated games of 2020, Animal Crossing New Horizons has finally arrived on the Nintendo Switch, allowing players to begin their new lives on a beautiful deserted island. To survive and thrive on this island, you’ll need to gather a few materials. Here’s how to chop down trees in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Chopping Down Trees in Animal Crossing New Horizons
When you first arrive on your new island in the game, you’ll notice that there’s an abundance of nature and trees to be found here. These trees are a good source of wood, money, fruit, and even furniture. However, if you don’t like the way they’re laid out on the island, you can chop them down to make way for other plants or facilities.
At the start of the game, you’ll only be able to craft flimsy grade tools, and the flimsy axe won’t be strong enough to chop down trees. However, once you become a homeowner and get upgraded to the Nook Miles+ program, you can spend 3,000 Miles to get the Pretty Good Tools recipes from the Nook Stop terminal in the Resident Services tent.
Purchase it, and you’ll have the DIY Recipe for the proper axe. To craft it, you need one iron nugget, one flimsy axe, and three pieces of wood. Bring all your materials to a workbench or crafting table and get to work.
With the axe in hand, you can now chop down trees on your island. Be careful, though, as they go down very quickly in just two hits. The axe is great for quickly getting rid of trees and allowing you to landscape a little, and redesign the flora on the island however you like, while still gathering materials and items.
To recap, here’s how to chop down trees in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- Become a homeowner and get upgraded to the Nook Miles+ program.
- Purchase the Pretty Good Tools recipe book from the Nook Stop terminal.
- Craft an axe with one iron nugget, one flimsy axe, and three pieces of wood.
- Hack away at trees to chop them down.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons