Pokemon Sword & Shield might be larger and more ambitious in scale than previous games in the series, but many of the core mechanics and systems remain identical. This includes evolving Pokemon into new forms that allow them to grow stronger and learn different abilities. Here’s how to evolve Phantump into Trevenant in Pokemon Sword & Shield.
Although it’s probably safe to assume you already have a Phantump if you’re reading this guide, we’ll detail the full evolution cycle of this particular ghost and grass type Pokemon.
You can locate and catch Phantump within Glimwood Tangle. It has just a single evolution to Trevenant. Both Pokemon were introduced in Gen VI.
Evolving Phantump into Trevenant in Pokemon Sword & Shield
Just as in previous Pokemon games, once you have a Phantump, you’ll only be able to get its evolved Trevenant form when performing a Trade. Phantump will evolve to Trevenant when it is traded, so you either need to send yours and then have it returned, or have a Phantump sent to you.
In the case of Sword & Shield, that means you’ll need to connect to the internet and find a trading partner or trade with one locally. This can either be done randomly or with someone specific by entering a code.
Keep in mind that in order for you to trade online, you will need to have an active subscription to Nintendo Switch Online.
You can follow these steps if you are unsure about the trading process:
- Press the Y Button to open the Y-Comm menu.
- Select “Link Trades.” If you’re trading online then make sure you are connected to the internet first (+ button).
- If online, the game will automatically start looking for a trade partner for you. For local trade with a specific person, set a “Link Code” 4 digit number and give it to your local partner.
- Once the game has located a partner or established a connection with a specific one via the code, you will be able to make your trade.
Here’s some related content you may find useful:
- How to Skip Cutscenes & Dialogue
- How to Change Appearance
- Where the Pokemon Nursery Is
- How to Edit League Card