Fortnite Chapter 2’s Open Water Mission has just dropped, offering up a bunch of new challenges that players can complete to earn huge chunks of XP. One challenge requires players to ‘Hide Inside Hideouts in Different Matches.’ Here’s where you can find Fortnite hideout locations.
Fortnite Hideout Locations
Fortnite hideouts come in two different shapes and sizes. The first is hay bales that players can dive into and remain undetected. These tend to be located in areas like Frenzy Farm or other larger grassy areas, though this is your best bet.
You can check out what they look like in the screenshot below.
The alternative for Fortnite hideout locations to complete the Open Water challenge is to seek out dumpsters. These can be found in almost every named location. Again, here’s a screenshot so you know what you’re looking out for.
Once you’ve found either a dumpster or hay bale, simply press and hold X on Xbox One, Square on PS4, Y on Switch, and E on PC to jump into the Fortnite hideout.
If you’re still struggling to track these down or how to complete the Fortnite hideouts challenge, you can check this video down below:
To complete the Fortnite hideout challenges in the Open Water Mission, you’ll first just need to hide inside either a hay bale or one of these dumpsters in three different matches.
After clearing a few more of the challenges, you’ll then need to deal 150 damage within 10 seconds after leaving a hideout. The best way to do this is to hide in a dumpster or hay bale in a named location, wait for things to get busy, and then catch an enemy unawares once they run past.
Fortnite Open Water Mission Challenges
As is the usual format with Fortnite Mission challenges, upon completing eight, players will unlock a loading screen which will hint to the location of the hidden ‘O’ letter location on Fortnite’s map. You can check out all of the challenges down below.
- Complete any 8 challenges to unlock the reward
- Land at Craggy Cliffs, Salty Springs and Dirty Docks
- Hide inside Hideouts in different matches (3)
- Search Chests at Craggy Cliffs or Misty Meadows (7)
- Eliminate opponents with a Sniper Rifle (2)
- Be crouched within 20m of an opponent for a total of 10 seconds (10)
- Deal damage with Pistols to opponents (500)
- Search Ammo Boxes in a single match (7)
- Get an elimination from 50m or further (1)
- Survive Storm phases (10)
- Deal damage within 10 seconds of leaving a Hideout (15)
- Search hidden O found in the Open Water loading screen
That’s everything you need to know about Fortnite hideout locations and how to complete the Open Water challenges. For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out our Fortnite Chapter 2 guide wiki, or give more of our guides for the game a read down below: