The images show the new NieR: Automata crossover raid titled YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse featuring YoRHa 2P and writing by Director Yoko Taro and Producer Yosuke Saito.
We also get to see the new custom deliveries starring an old friend, Kai Shirr.
More elements include the new Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right,”and the Pixies’ Beast Tribe quests.
Check them all out below.
Here’s a full outline of the content of the update:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against machine lifeforms as they explore this new raid dungeon inspired by the world of NieR.
- New Game+ – Revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialog, and battles while keeping your current character and level. Patch 5.1 includes the main scenario quests for Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers.
- New Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this fearsome foe in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore this great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – Enter the fantastical Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area featuring a new questline with more of the mischief-loving pixies.
- New PvP Frontline Map: “Onsal Hakair” (Patch 5.15) – Grand Companies will join forces with the tribes of the Azim Steppe to demonstrate their battle prowess in this competition of territory control.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive comprehensive adjustments to their current playstyles, while other jobs will receive various changes and tweaks.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, UI improvements, and more will enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- New Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – Yojimbo makes his debut at the Gold Saucer in this new mini game that will test players’ reflexes…and sheer luck.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, updates to Performance Actions, system updates, and more.
If you want to hear more of what the update will bring bring, you can read our extensive recap of the previous Letter from the Producer Live broadcast and how the patch will also bring more housing wards.
If you’d like to learn more about Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers in general, you can read our recent interview with Naoki Yoshida and Banri Oda, our review of the latest expansion and our article explaining why it features the best story among all the tales told by the Final Fantasy series.
You can also read the report on our latest visit to the Eorzea Cafe in Tokyo and that about the recent orchestra concert.
Final Fantasy XIV is currently available for PS4 and PC.