Shadowkeep, the latest Destiny 2 expansion has arrived and with it comes a whole load of new exotic weapons and armor. Here’s how to get the Leviathan’s Breath exotic bow in Destiny 2 Shadowkeep.
How to Get Leviathan’s Breath
Leviathan’s Breath will require a few different things in order to get it. First, you will have needed to purchase Season of the Undying either individually or as part of a package with Shadowkeep.
After you have access to Season of the Undying content you can start the exotic quest, Make Bows, Not War from Banshee-44 in the Tower to get your Leviathan’s Breath. Let’s run through all the quest steps. Credit to Redditor ShadowStepMuffin for sharing the datamined quest steps a few weeks ago and giving fans a heads up of what is required to get Leviathan’s Breath.
- The Back Way: You need to find the hidden entrance to Banshee’s Workshop. This step requires a guide all in itself. You can check that out here.
- Intro to SafeCracking 101: Complete Vanguard Strikes or Gambit Matches until the progress bar is filled. Gambit Prime and Nightfalls grant more efficient progress.
- Advanced Safecracking 201: Land precision final blows with a Bow against Vex or Cabal.
- Economics of War: Complete a modified “epic” version of the strike, The Arms Dealer, now located via the director on Earth.
- Then, return to Banshee-44 to complete the quest and gain the new exotic heavy bow, Leviathan’s Breath.
Leviathan’s Breath Perks and Stats
Leviathan’s Breath comes with the exotic intrisic perk: Big-Game Hunter. This fires a massive heavy bolt that staggers unshielded enemy combatants and is strong against Unstoppable Champions.
It fires void damage and also has the general perks: Chain Bowstring (Accuracy and Stability Up), Fiberglass Arrow Shaft (Accuracy Greatly Up and Stability Slightly Down) and the additional exotic perk, Leviathan’s Sigh.
Leviathan’s Sigh’s description is as follows: When fully drawn, the bolt creates a large concussive blast that knocks enemies back.
So in addition to being great for crowd control, Leviathan’s Breath also frees you up from having to use unstoppable rounds on something else during Nightfall, Raids, or Master Nightmare Hunts.
That’s all you need to know about how to get the Leviathan’s Breath exotic bow in Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, at least as of launch. For more tips, tricks, and guides be sure to check out our ever-growing wiki guide.
If you’re thinking about jumping into Destiny 2 for the first time you can now with the brand new free-to-play version titled Destiny New Light.