How to Play Multiplayer on Stardew Valley for PC
Here’s everything you need to know to play multiplayer on Stardew Valley on PC.
Life out in the country sure can get lonely from time to time, and twice as much work will get done if you enlist the help of a friend. Now that we have an official date for Stardew Valley’s multiplayer mode on PC, Mac and Linux, we can revel in the satisfaction of a hard day’s labor with a sweaty pal by our side.
We’ve broken down the steps to play multiplayer on Stardew Valley on PC down below.
- Load up Stardew Valley and select the Co-Op option from the main menu.
- You’ll now be taken to the ‘Join’ screen. Here, you can select to Join a LAN Game by entering the IP address, or by entering the Invite Code to your friend’s game.
- If you want to Host a game, click in the top left corner on the ‘Host’ box. This will enable you to select any co-op farm you’ve previously created. You can also select the ‘Host New Farm’ option to create an entirely new game for you and your friends to enjoy.
- Next, you’ll have to choose the Profit Margin, and how many Starting Cabins you want there to be in your town.
- Fill out your character details, press Ok, and you’re good to start playing Stardew Valley multiplayer.
- As long as you and your friends are friends on Steam, your farms should show up within the Co-Op menu for you to join from there.
- You can also use the ‘Invite Friend’ option to invite friends on either the Steam or GOG versions, or check the Settings menu to find your invite code.
There are a few things worth going over from above. First and foremost, it’s worth noting that you no longer have to opt-in for any Stardew Valley beta. This was something that initially had to be done, but is no longer the case and that’s why it’s absent from our steps above.
When setting up your multiplayer farm on Stardew Valley, you’ll also notice, as mentioned above, the option to select the amount of Starting Cabins you have. If you choose to just have the one starting cabin for yourself, you’ll need to build cabins for each guest you want to join. These cost 100 Gold and 10 Stone, so at least you’re not going to have to grind away gathering the necessary funds.
That’s all you need to know for how to play multiplayer on Stardew Valley on PC. For more tips, tricks and guides for your farming efforts and more, be sure to check out our ever-expanding Stardew Valley wiki! We’re the best buddy for a life on the farm, and we grow some damn fine ‘taters. Heck, we’ve even included some of our most popular guides down below.
Question: How do you play Stardew Valley multiplayer on PC?
Answer: You’ll need to select the Co-Op option from the main menu. Then, depending on if you’re hosting or joining a game, you need to follow the menus and select your method of joining a friend’s game. Check this post for full details.