How Many Spirits There Are in Smash Bros Ultimate
Spirits are a new addition in Smash Bros Ultimate to the series, giving you the ability to power up your fighters with characters from different games. Nintendo has gone all out with these characters, adding tons of familiar faces from all sorts of series. Here’s how many spirits there are in Smash Bros Ultimate.
How Do Spirits Work
With Galeem literally wiping out the entire world in Smash Bros Ultimate, these video game characters have been reduced to their ethereal forms. While most of them aren’t playable characters, you can still bring them with you into battle by equipping them to your assigned fighter.
Spirits essentially serve as power-ups that enhance the character’s attacks and even grant them some passive abilities. You can pretty much think of them as stickers in Brawl or equipment from Smash 4.
They are split into three different categories in Smash Bros Ultimate:
- Primary Spirits: These enhance a fighter’s overall stats and have strengths and weaknesses based on their type.
- Support Spirits: You can assign these under their primary counterpart, which can grant characters some nifty passives and resistance against certain types and status effects.
- Fighter Spirits: These are based on some of the pre-existing characters in the roster and cannot be equipped. They act more like trophies in a sense that you can admire the artwork and read the character description.
How Many Spirits There Are
Nintendo has added in tons of characters in Smash Bros Ultimate, so expect there to be over a thousand of these collectible power-ups in the game. As it stands, there are a whopping 1297 spirits, with faces from Metroid, Kirby, Eternal Darkness, Bayonetta, Metal Gear, Street Fighter, and so much more. Here’s a list of some of the confirmed faces in Smash Bros Ultimate:
- Alex Rovias from Eternal Darkness
- Deep Breathing Pose from Wii Fit
- Duster from Earthbound
- Melia from Xenoblade Chronicles
- Morag from Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Gamma from Sonic
- Chun-Li from Street Fighter
Apart from collecting these power-ups, you can also train them in unique battles and challenges. You can also collect more of these items by defeating certain fighters then partaking in a shooting-style mini-game.
That about wraps it up for how many spirits there are in Smash Bros Ultimate. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to take a look at our handy Smash Bros Ultimate guide wiki.
It’s filled with guides on how to unlock all characters, what the install size is, how to play as new characters such as Ridley, Incineroar, and Inkling, as well as how to get spirit points, how to level up spirits and how to upgrade skills in World of Light.
It really does have answers to everything you’re probably looking for, and if it doesn’t, shout out what you’re looking for and we’ll get back to you.