All Legendary Animals Locations in Red Dead Redemption 2
Red Dead Redemption 2 is the latest open world game developed by Rockstar, and it’s finally out in the wild. Players will take control of Arthur Morgan, a trusted senior member of the infamous Dutch Van Der Linde gang. While you will inevitably have to do a lot of killing robbing, the nice thing about Red Dead Redemption 2 is that you can spend your time hunting as well, if you’d prefer. If you’re wondering where to find all the Legendary Animals in Red Dead Redemption 2, here’s what you need to know.
Early on in the game, Hosea will take you out hunting for a legendary bear. Once you complete that main mission, you’ll learn that there are tons of Legendary Animals to be hunted out in the world. If you manage to take them down, you’ll be rewarded with valuable pelts that can be sold or used for crafting, along with meat that can be cooked or donated back to camp. Once you get a pelt, make sure to bring them to the Trapper to make use of them.
We’ve listed all of the Legendary Animal locations in Red Dead Redemption 2 down below, along with their names.
- Legendary Bullgator: Bayou Nwa, just west of Lakay. Can be hunted through the Country Pursuits story mission.
- Legendary Cougar: Gaptooth Ridge, west from Tumbleweed.
- Legendary Wolf: Cotorra Springs, west of Bacchus Bridge.
- Legendary Boar: Bluewater Marsh, north of Lagras.
- Legendary Bharati Grizzly Bear: Grizzlies East, north of O’Creagh’s Run. Available after completing the Exit Pursued By a Bruised Ego mission.
- Legendary Giaguaro Panther: Lemoyne, west of Shady Belle. Available after completing the rank 9 Master Hunter challenge.
- Legendary Moose: Roanoke Ridge, at the northeastern part of the map.
- Legendary Pronghorn: Rio Del Lobo Rock, east of Fort Mercer.
- Legendary Bighorn Ram: Cattail Pond, west of Valentine.
- Legendary Tatanka Bison: Hennigan’s Stead, southeast of MacFarlane’s Ranch.
- Legendary White Bison: Lake Isabella, west side of the Grizzlies.
- Legendary Beaver: Southwest of Butcher Creek.
- Legendary Buck: Northwest of Strawberry.
- Legendary Coyote: Scarlett Meadows, northwest of Rhodes.
- Legendary Elk: East of Bacchus Station.
- Legendary Fox: North of the Fence in Rhodes.
Whenever you’re in the Legendary Animal territory, you’ll receive a prompt in the top left corner of the screen informing you of that fact. When you see it, you’ll need to search for clues that lead you straight to the Legendary Animals themselves. To do this, enter Eagle Eye by pressing L3 and R3 together, then look for clues. They’ll look like bright shining dust, and you can go there to investigate. Once you’ve got enough clues, you’ll be able to start tracking the animal.
And that’s all you need to know about the Legendary Animals and where to find them in Red Dead Redemption 2. Be sure to check out our Red Dead Redemption 2 guide wiki for more information on the game. We’ve also got a general hunting guide to help you get started, along with some beginner tips to give you a smoother start to the game.