How to Play Stardew Valley Multiplayer on PS4
Stardew Valley is the farming sim that took the games industry by storm when it released back in 2016. Heavily inspired by the Harvest Moon series, Stardew’s blend of gorgeous pixelated graphics, addictive gameplay, and a melodic score made it the perfect chill out game. And now we’re about to be able to share the joy with friends via a multiplayer update. The long-awaited feature has been in development since the game’s original launch two years ago, but it has only recently come out of public beta testing. Announced only very recently, multiplayer will arrive Aug. 1 on PC, Mac & Linux, though it won’t arrive for PS4, Xbox, and Switch until a later date, so far undisclosed. For that reason, we don’t yet know how to play multiplayer on PS4 in Stardew Valley.
As soon as the information becomes available, we’ll update this post to give you some better direction.
In the meantime, here are the multiplayer features in store when the update lands:
- Chatbox and Custom Emojis – Either chat with players via mic or communicate with over 200 emoji options.
- Multiplayer Marriage – yes, that includes the ability to propose and wed your buddy!
- Scalable Difficulty – scale produce or profit margin to alter the difficulty of the farm.
- Collaborative Farming – work together from different cabins on a single server to yield produce.
- Co-operative play, either from your own save file or starting from scratch. The game supports 1-3 players.
We’re looking forward to finally being able to farm with our buddies in Stardew Valley on PS4, but we’ll have to wait just a little longer for the feature to arrive. If you’re still enjoying the single-player offering and want some more useful information, tips, and guides on the game, be sure to check out Twinfinite’s wiki page.