How to Complete All Season 5 Week 1 Challenges in Fortnite Battle Royale
Fortnite’s Season 5 has finally arrived, bringing a Worlds Collide theme to the island, with Rifts, foreign items and objects, and more littering the map. Alongside new locations and a Desert biome, there’s of course a bunch of new challenges for players to complete each week. While three of each week’s challenges are now available for both Free Pass and Battle Pass players, you’ll need to have the Battle Pass if you want to get all of those precious Tiers and cosmetics. As such, we’ve put together this guide to help all you Fortnite Season 5 players complete all of the week 1 challenges to get the season started right.
All Season 5 Week 1 Challenges in Fortnite Battle Royale
Season 5 Week 1 Free Challenges in Fortnite
- Deal damage with SMGs to Opponents (500) – For this one, the SMG is best at delivering damage at close range, and is an effective alternative to the shotgun. Keep one stashed away in your inventory, and dish out the damage on any unsuspecting enemies. The fast fire rate makes racking up damage with them incredibly easy.
- Search a Supply Llama (1) – This Season 5 week 1 challenge is largely just going to come down to how lucky you are with where you drop and where you explore on the map. Supply Llamas spawn in random places every game, so you’ll just have to keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.
- Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade Eliminations (3) – Don’t be afraid of using these throwable weapons when you have them on you. If someone’s using a bunch of cover, or hiding in a building, be sure to toss one of these inside. Your best bet, however, for getting eliminations with these is to down opponents in Duos or Squads, and throw grenades, stink bombs or even a clinger at them when they’re helpless.
Season 5 Week 1 Battle Pass Challenges in Fortnite
- Search Chests in Snobby Shores (7) – We’ve highlighted a bunch of the Snobby Shores chest spawn locations in our map update chest locations guide here. Check it out for plenty of tips, but for the most part our advice remains the same. Only go in there during the first few days of the week 1 challenges being up if you’re prepared for immediate fighting once you hit the ground. Otherwise, give it a good while, wait for it to die down, and then wait for a Battle Bus path far from it. Glide your way over, and reap your rewards to complete this challenge in one match.
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts (7) – We’ve got a complete list of the Floating Lightning Bolts we’ve found in Fortnite so far. It’s enough to complete the challenge, so be sure to check the guide out here.
- Follow the Treasure Map Found in Risky Reels – We’ve got a guide taking you right to the location of the treasure for the Risky Reels map in the Season 5 Week 1 challenges here.
- Eliminate Opponents in Retail Row (3) – The last of the week 1 challenges in Fortnite Season 5 is another straightforward one. Head to Retail Row, eliminate three opponents and you’re all set. Try and get any weapon immediately, rather than going for a chest, and hunt down other players in the early stages. If you’re struggling to handle the heat in the opening few days, just try again towards the start of next week.
There you have all you need to know to complete the Season 5 week 1 challenges in Fortnite. For more tips, tricks, and information, be sure to check out our Season 5 wiki.