Escalation Protocol Tips and Tricks in Destiny 2: Warmind
Destiny 2’s second expansion, Warmind, launches with the addition of the planet Mars to complete new missions on. One of the new activities exclusive to the Hellas Basin region on Mars is the Escalation Protocol, a wave-based horde mode.
It is a slight departure from the Public Events on Destiny 2’s other planets in that it must be triggered by interacting with a node, rather than appearing at random times. Like past Public Events, it involves your Fireteam of three members and any other Guardians in the area. Although anyone can participate, you must complete the DLC campaign before you can activate the event. Here are some tips and tricks to help you out.
- It is okay if you do not clear it the first time. It is an end game activity with seven levels, each more difficult with increasing Power level.
- Each level contains three waves of regular enemies and a fourth wave with a boss enemy. You have three minutes to complete the first three waves and adds an additional minute for the fourth wave, so destroy groups quickly to have enough time for the boss.
- The bosses can have a huge amount of health, especially at later levels, so have everyone focus the boss before time runs out. There are still common enemies in the boss wave, so one player should focus on the small groups before they flank other teammates.
- After clearing a level, you have one minute to travel and trigger the next node. Make sure your team is all together to not waste any time as enemies pour in once activated.
- The new Valkyrie Relic weapon can used during the event, but save it for the hard bosses since you can only use it for a short time. You can unlock them by walking up to Rasputin vents, glowing with green gas, and using a consumable to get it.
- After playing enough, memorize where spawns are to cut off the enemies before spreading out. Crowd control abilities like the Hunter’s Shadowshot in the Nightstalker subclass are necessary, but make sure your Fireteam is varied in different subclasses since pure damage is needed to clear the boss.
- Bring a variety of different weapons and do not be afraid to switch up loadouts. Rockets work well against groups, but shotguns and snipers are crucial against constantly moving Wizards.
Those are a few tips and tricks to help you out completing the Escalation Protocal mission in the Warmind expansion for Destiny 2. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more coverage and our extensive Destiny 2 wiki.