All Vietnam Lighters Locations in Far Cry 5
Aside from all the running and gunning in Far Cry 5, there are plenty of hidden items you can collect for side quests in the game. One particular mission, What They Carried, has you searching for 12 Vietnam Lighters scattered throughout the open world. Each one has a part of a code carved on its backside which, when collected, will reveal the key to a bunker filled with weapons and ammo. Here’s where you can find each lighter in the game:
- Dom’s Lighter – Located in Holland Valley at the Filmore Residence. Look for a note on the desk to reveal a waypoint to the item sitting on a shelf in a case.
- Dusty’s Lighter – Located in Holland Valley at the Miller Residence. At the back of the house, look for a shed and head inside. At the back of the building, you should find an entrance to a bunker where the ignitor is waiting for you.
- Woody’s Lighter – Located at Holland Valley in Rae Rae’s Pumpkin Farm. To the north of Rae Rae’s farm, look for another bunker with the Vietnam lighter inside.
- Danny’s Lighter – Located in the Whitetail Mountains at the Harris Residence. Head northwest of the house to find a bunker. The lighter is waiting for you inside.
- Smiley’s Lighter – Located in the Whitetail Mountains at the Whitetail Park Visitor Center. One of the more easier Vietnam lighters to find in Far Cry 5, you’ll find this one sitting on a shelf in plain sight.
- Lefty’s Lighter – Located in the Whitetail Mountains. This one is a bit trickier to find since you’ll have to look for the Vietnam lighter in a bunker to the northwest of Widow’s Creek and southwest of Clagett Bay.
- Stanford’s Lighter – Located in the Whitetails Mountains at the Elliot Residence. To find this lighter, you’ll need to complete the Prepper Stash quest, The Holdouts. You’ll find a bunker in the area with two locks: you can break the first one, but you’ll need to finish the Far Cry 5 quest to get the card key for the Prepper Stash. Read the note outside the house to activate the said quest for the key. Circle around to the back of the building and look for the “Resist Jacob” graffiti on the wall. There should be an area where you can climb up to a broken window, so climb inside the house and head out the other side through a different broken window. Once you’re above the front porch, turn right to see yet another broken window that will give you access to the second half of the house. From there, go down the hall into the kitchen and find the keycard on the floor, completing the Far Cry 5 mission.
- Joe’s Lighter – Located in the Whitetail Mountains. Like with Lefty’s Lighter, you’ll find this one in a bunker to the west of Cedar Lake and southeast of Rattlesnake Trail Bridge.
- Russel’s Lighter – Located in the Henbane River at the McCleane Residence. The item you’re looking for is inside yet another bunker near Dutch’s Island.
- Tim’s Lighter – Located in the Henbane River at the McCoy Cabin. In the cabin, look for a wooden frame with a green tarpaulin for walls. Slide behind the frame to find the entrance to a bunker with the item inside.
- Kev’s Lighter – Located in the Henbane River at the Counselor’s Cabin. You can find the entrance to the bunker behind the cabin. Head there and find the igniter sitting inside.
- Crow’s Lighter – Located in the Henbane River at the Abercrombie Residence. The last Vietnam lighter in Far Cry 5 is inside a bunker behind the house. To get inside, you can find the entrance behind a woodpile.
For more tips and tricks on Far Cry 5, you can check out our nifty wiki.