All Cinematic Easter Eggs in Dragon Ball FighterZ
Fans of the Dragon Ball anime will definitely get nostalgic whenever they play Dragon Ball FighterZ. This 2.5D fighting game from developer Arc System Works contains plenty of cinematic Easter Eggs that closely recreate some dramatic moments from the show. Activating these cinematic moments in versus mode, however, is tricky as several conditions should be met by both teams.
There are two types of cinematic Easter Eggs: dramatic intros and dramatic finishes.
Dramatic intros will occur when both teams start the fight with certain primary characters at a specific stage. It’s worth noting that some dramatic intros will not trigger if a certain character is present in either of the team’s roster. For example, the dramatic moment of Goku using his Super Saiyan form for the first when Krillin gets slain by Frieza at Planet Namek will not trigger if Krillin is a fighter in either team.
Below are all the Easter Egg cinematic intros we have found so far in Dragon Ball FighterZ:
- Krillin avenges Yamcha: Have Krillin and Nappa as the main starting characters in the Rocky Field. This scene recreates the dramatic moment when an angered Krillin uses the Scattering Bullet super move on the Saibamen.
- Goku’s first Super Saiyan transformation: Have Goku and Frieza as the main starting characters duking it out in Planet Namek. Krillin should not be present in either team. This dramatic moment recreates the scene where Goku achieves his Super Saiyan transformation after witnessing the death of Krillin at the hands of Frieza.
- Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2: Have Teen Gohan and Cell fight at the Cell Games Arena. Android 16 should not be present in the fight.
Meanwhile, dramatic finishes will occur when a certain character knocks out a specific enemy with a standing heavy attack. Another tough requirement is the stage, as the finishing blow must take place either in the standard or destroyed state of the area. Destroying a stage can be done by finishing off an enemy with a super move that can destroy a stage, or having one of your characters get knocked out by your enemy’s stage-wrecking super attack.
Below are all the Easter Egg cinematic finishes in Dragon Ball FighterZ:
- Yamcha’s Demise: Have Nappa land the final blow with a neutral heavy attack on Yamcha in the Rocky Field, and you’ll get the dramatic scene that recreates Yamcha’s demise from one of the Saibamen.
- Yamcha’s Redemption: Have Yamcha hit the last hit on Nappa in the Rocky Field, and you’ll get a non-canon dramatic scene that sees Yamcha beat both a Saibamen and Nappa.
- Frieza!!! Have Goku strike last with a standing heavy attack on Frieza at a destroyed state of Planet Namek, and you’ll get the dramatic scene that recreates Goku’s final blow that ends the Frieza Saga.
- Another Saiyan: Have Trunks land the final hit on Frieza at the Rocky Field. This will recreate the scene where Trunks easily kills Frieza using his sword.
- Father & Son: Teen Gohan should make the last hit on Cell at the Cell Games Arena. Goku shouldn’t be on either team, as this dramatic scene recreates the father-son kamehameha on Cell where the spirit of Goku helps Gohan to muster his strength and finish the fight.
- Spirit Bomb: Goku should get the last attack on Kid Buu at the Sacred World of Kai.
- God of Destruction: Beerus should land the last attack on Goku at the Space stage.
Bear in mind that you and your opponent can skip the cinematics for the dramatic intro and the dramatic finish, so you’ll just have to pray that your opponent is interested in watching the scene. Thankfully, these scenes can be triggered not only in online matches but also via the local versus mode.
For more on Dragon Ball FighterZ, make sure to check out our ever-expanding wiki.