What’s New in The Sims 4’s July 18, 2017 Update
If you’re logging into The Sims 4 again in July 2017, you’ll notice there’s a new update that came out on 7/18/2017. What’s all this about? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s break down the fixes and changes that the developers decided the community really wanted to see next. Those of us that never got any of these issues or really minded the prior state of the game won’t notice anything new!
General Patch Fixes
- “Watch Current Channel” and “Watch TV Together” are patched back in.
- Autonomous “donate to charity” is no longer a thing.
- Throwing birthday parties will fulfill the Party Animal aspiration goal of “Throw 3 Parties.”
- Fixed a bug where sims restarted writing a book right from the beginning when you’d reload a lot.
- Fixed a bug where female sims would wear a pink bra while showering.
- Fixed a bug where lots downloaded from the gallery wouldn’t have thumbnails.
- Fixed a bug where klepto sims were placing the items they stole back into the inventories of the sims they robbed.
- “Start Yard Sale” and “Stop Yard Sale” – being instant actions – now have the icon to prove it.
- Made it so that Active trait sims wouldn’t attempt “Close Shot” and “Dream Big” on basketball hoops all the time.
- The Corporate Fridge Raider Revenue Generating Cooler has Faux BLT sandwiches now.
- Fixed a bug where sims weren’t sitting on couches to play video game consoles.
- Fixed a bug where sims were congratulated for learning 26 recipes despite the fact that they know 27 of them.
- Fixed a bug where the vegetarian alternative meat message was being shown every single time.
- Restaurant chefs that are maxed out in level will not cook poor quality food.
- Fixed a bug for “Play Darts With…” that left sims not playing with anyone.
- Fixed a bug where your sims couldn’t dance on the dance floor when a stereo was around.
Get To Work Fixes
- You won’t be able to “Interrogate Suspect” during the tutorial interrogation anymore.
- Medicine is now a retail item to sell.
- The Regulation Station has reliability now.
- Fixed a bug where your sim couldn’t propose to sims that weren’t employed by them.
- Fixed a bug where no pregnant sims would come to the hospital to help fulfill Doctor sims’ tasks.
- Fixed a bug with the short swept hair that affected one of the heads.
- The Draught of Reconfiguration and Vampire Resistance Cocktail drinks don’t have two drink options anymore.
- Fixed a bug where sims that wanted to marry a vampire couldn’t plan their wedding event with them.
- Fixed a bug where vampire sims couldn’t go on dates.