Divine Beasts and Their Rewards – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild may be all about exploration, but it also features a lengthy main quest that takes you around the world of Hyrule. The main objective of this quest is to take back control of four Divine Beasts, and use them to fight Calamity Ganon. After starting the game and finding Impa in Kakariko Village, you’ll get the quest called “Free the Divine Beasts.” This will put four waypoints on your map, each of which correspond to a different beast, which will also take you to a city where one of the main races of Hyrule lives in Breath of the Wild. Here’s what each one corresponds to.
- Divine Beast Vah Ruta of the Zora: This is the Southeast most point on your map, and the closest Divine Beast to where to start.
- Divine Beast Vah Rudania of the Gorons: This point is just North of Vah Ruta near Death Mountain, and is the most Northeast point of the four.
- Divine Beast Vah Medoh of the Rito: This is the most Northwest point on your map, and will take you to the village of the bird-like people called the Rito.
- Divine Beast Vah Naboris: This is the most Southwest waypoint on your map, and lies smack dab in the center of the scorching Gerudo Desert.
After you’ve gone to each waypoint and completed the subsequent quest, you’ll be taken to the Divine Beasts themselves, which act as the dungeons of the game. Upon completing the dungeons you’ll be rewarded with a new Heart Container, and a magical ability for Link to use. All of the abilities have a number of uses before they’re set on a length cooldown, needing time to recharge before you can use them again. Here’s what each one does.
- Vah Ruta – Mipha’s Grace: One use before cooldown, instantly restores all of Link’s hearts should they be completely depleted.
- Vah Rudania – Daruk’s Protection: Three uses, by holding ZL a magical barrier will appear around Link stopping all damage from one attack.
- Vah Medoh – Revali’s Gale: Three uses, instantly creates an updraft after holding X, launching Link high in the air.
- Vah Naboris – Urbosa’s Fury: Three uses, holding Y for charge attack will charge it a second time now, strikes all enemies in the vicinity with a deadly lightning attack.
Conquering all of the Divine Beasts in Breath of the Wild will certainly take a while, but the rewards all well worth it and can give Link a serious advantage in battle. For more guides and help on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, including how to solve the Divine Beasts, make sure to take a look at our expansive wiki.