Best Weapons – Ghost Recon Wildlands
There are a lot of guns in Ghost Recon Wildlands, but finding the best weapons in the game can be a bit tricky. Each firearm has a number of different stats that can altered and changed based off of which weapon parts you are going to use in combat. When going through the list of guns, we found a few rifles that served us well in both a stealth and assault style of play.
While all of these guns can be earned in-game, we will be negating two types of weapons for very different reasons. The first are UPlay-specific firearms as they are not weapons you can directly earn in Ghost Recon Wildlands itself. The other are underboss-specific weapons since they cannot be customized in any way and are more just flashy guns that show off which region you’ve saved. With that being said, these are the best weapons we recommend you take out into the field with you.
- ACR (Assault Rifle): The ACR can be unlocked in the Media Luna region of Ghost Recon Wildlands and is perhaps one of the best assault rifles in the game. The ACR has a fantastic base damage and handling, making it easy to control both in full auto and single fire. While it lacks a bit in accuracy, this is more than made up with its penetrating power.
- TAR-21 (Assault Rifle): The TAR-21 is a powerhouse of an assault rifle that can power through most enemies thanks to its high penetrating power and rate of fire. This makes the TAR-21 great at killing enemies in vehicles and despite the lower Accuracy, it’s handling more than makes up for any shortcomings that this gun may have.
- MK249 (Light Machine Gun): Most of the light machine guns are rather hit or miss, but the MK249 is one of the best weapons in this category. With decent handling and range base stats, this LMG can suppress enemy positions effectively without wasting too much ammo.
- Scorpion EVO 3 (Submachine Gun): While the accuracy and range leave much to be desired, the Scorpion EVO 3 is the king of close quarters combat. Not only does it have a high rate of fire, but the handling on this weapon is also great. This makes it very easy to use thanks to a manageable recoil, which allows you to wipe out entire groups of enemies without missing.
- PSG (Submachine Gun): If you are looking for a more compact and accurate submachine gun in Ghost Recon Wildlands, then consider picking up the PSG in San Mateo. What makes this one of the best weapons and SMGs is the high accuracy stat that heavily rewards players who take the time to choose their shots. Given that it can instantly drop virtually any enemy in one quick burst, the PSG is a wonderful secondary if you are looking at close quarters combat.
- L115A3 (Sniper Rifle): This is without a doubt one of the best weapons in all of Ghost Recon Wildlands. Not only does this sniper rifle have a high accuracy, damage output, and range, it also has incredible penetration power. The L115A3 is not only great for dealing with infantry patrolling the area but also taking down heavily armored jeeps or helicopters.
- SPAS-12 (Shotgun): For those who like to get up close and personal, the SPAS-12 is a wonderful shotgun that can clear entire rooms with little trouble. Its high damage and decent rate of fire allows skilled users to clear entire buildings without ever reloading. After all, nothing feels better than to send a guy flying over a table after breaching a door.
These are some of the best weapons in all of Ghost Recon Wildlands, so if you are exploring the various regions, make sure to try and find them. While some guns may not tailor to your play style, this collection of seven firearms is a nice robust group that’s good for virtually any situation.
For more guides, walkthroughs, and tips, make sure to visit our ever-expanding Ghost Recon Wildlands wiki.