Today Nihon Falcom and NIS America announced the localization of three games of the popular Trails JRPG series.
That being said, it seems to be a rather long-term operation, as the first to be released will come in the fall of 2022, while the other two are all slated for 2023.
Opening the dance will be what we have known for the longest time as The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki, which will be titled in English “Trials From Zero.”
As mentioned above, it’ll come in fall 2022 for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
“Experience Crossbell in this exciting chapter from the renowned The Legend of Heroes series! The site of an ongoing territorial struggle between the Erebonian Empire and the Republic of Calvard, Crossbell has developed into a prosperous city-state and one of the continent’s leading economic centers.
After three years away from his hometown, Lloyd Bannings returns in order to follow his late brother’s footsteps and join the Crossbell Police Department. However, when he arrives, he finds he’s been assigned to the Special Support Section, a new division that handles odd jobs and minor requests. He meets his new teammates, which include Elie MacDowell, the granddaughter of the city’s mayor; Randy Orlando, a womanizing ex-soldier; and Tio Plato, a young tech genius.
Though their department is mocked by the media and looked down on by the rest of the CPD, Lloyd and his friends continue to fight to make their city a better place. As they do, however, they slowly come face-to-face with the criminal corruption gripping their city. Little do they know just how deep the shadows of Crossbell City go…”
- Welcome to Crossbell: The beginning of an exciting story arc in the Trails universe is about to begin in this iconic city-state! Experience a rich and refreshing game world that is teeming with secrets and adventures.
- Polished Tactics: Strategic combat has been refined, resulting in rich, satisfying tactical gameplay. Harness powerful skills and teamwork to overcome your adversaries!
- Your City, Your Story: Features such as High-speed and Skip mode allow you to cater your gameplay experience to your preferences and enjoy battles quickly to focus on the surrounding story and events.
Then we’re going to get its direct sequel, Ao no Kiseki, Titled in English as The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure, coming to PS4, Switch, and PC in 2023.
“The story of aspiring hero Lloyd Bannings continues in Trails to Azure!
Set just a few months after the events of Trails from Zero, a temporary peace has settled over Crossbell and the Special Support Section find themselves with newfound fame and status, thanks to their heroic actions.
However, the peace is soon broken with the rise of multiple organizations with ulterior motives. Framing these growing tensions is the increasing pressure from the Erebonian Empire and the Republic of Calvard, with Crossbell caught between them. With the safety of their home and the foundations of their team now on the line, Lloyd and his allies must gear themselves for the threats that loom ahead. Little do they know that Crossbell will soon become the stage for a climactic conflict that will determine its future…”
- The Fate of the City-State: Play through the finale of the Crossbell arc, a key thread within the Trails universe. What lies ahead for Lloyd Bannings and his ragtag squad of allies?
- Crossbell’s Finest Forces: Experience new combat features introduced by Trails to Azure, including Burst, Back Attack, and even your own customizable car. Also, meet a few familiar faces from the Trails of Cold Steel series!
- Power from the Past: Import save data from Trails from Zero for a different story experience, including additional event scenes and entirely new scenes! Also, use your save data from Trails to Azure for bonuses in the upcoming release of Trails into Reverie!
Last, but not least, the localization of Nayuta No Kiseki Kai, with the title The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails, coming for PS4, Switch, and PC in 2023.
“Nayuta has always dreamed of exploring beyond the horizon of his island home. After a fateful encounter with a fairy by the name of Noi, he and his friends find themselves whisked away on an adventure through multiple worlds in order to stop an evil plot that has been set in motion.
Nayuta spends his days gazing up at the stars above his island home and wondering what lies beyond the horizon. Though people claim the sea they live on is flat and finite, Nayuta knows there must be more out there, just waiting to be discovered.
Occasionally, ruins and stars will fall from the sky over Nayuta’s home, offering what seem to be glimpses of other worlds. While exploring one such ruin, he and his friends save a small, fairy-like girl by the name of Noi. She tells Nayuta that something very important has been stolen from her and asks for his help in retrieving it.
It’s with this that Nayuta’s journey begins—one which will take him far beyond the confines of his island to experience new worlds and extraordinary discoveries!”
- Worlds Beyond Home: Experience all the wondrous phenomena The Legend of Nayuta has to offer with HD visuals, high quality music, 60fps, and new illustrations added for this Western release!
- Skills for Every Season: Enter the fray with real-time action gameplay and environment-based puzzles that are affected by the current season. Utilize season-based magic and powerful weapon skills to take down your foes, and unlock new techniques based on your performance.
- An Ocean of Adventure: Dive into a different kind of Trails game! Experience a light, whimsical story rooted in fantasy and discovery with a variety of colorful locations and characters, plus tons of extra quest content.
Below you can enjoy the full concert broadcasted to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Nihon Falcom, during which the announcements were made.