Warzone 2 & Modern Warfare 2: How to Unlock the Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle
The Tempus Torrent promises torrents of eliminations.
Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2’s Season Two Reloaded dropped on March 15, 2023. Among other things, it brought a new Marksman Rifle in the form of the Tempus Torrent. There are a few ways players can get their hands on it, so here’s everything you need to know about how to unlock the Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 Season Two Reloaded.
How To Unlock the Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle
Where the Season Two Reloaded update brought sweeping weapon changes to existing guns, it introduced a new weapon in the form of the Tempus Torrent marksman rifle. It hits hard and keeps you in longer range engagements, even if players’ recoil control and trigger fingers are more important than with other weapons.
Unlocking the Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle is very simple and can be done one of three ways:
- Weapon Challenge – get 25 Double Kills in multiplayer with a Marksman Rifle
- Store Bundle – simply purchase the weapon via the MW2 or Warzone 2 in-game store
- DMZ Extraction – complete a DMZ extraction with the Tempus Torrent equipped. This may take a few games to find an enemy with the gun, or you can get a friend to drop it for you early on and then ensure you exfil with it
No specific Marksman Rifle is required to complete the multiplayer based challenge, but players should opt for a semi-auto one like the EBR-14 rather than a bolt-action marksman rifle. Pair that with a playlist centered around a smaller map – like Shipment 24/7 – and you should rack up those double kills in no time.
The devs also revealed that the Tempus Torrent comes equipped with 20 Round Mags as standard and boasts “predictable” if moderate recoil. It also forms part of the M4 Weapon Platform, so the majority of its attachments will come as a result of having that weapon platform ranked up. It will also kill in one-hit if players can hit a headshot at closer to medium ranges, otherwise expect a fairly consistent two-hit kill.
That’s all there is to know about how to unlock the Tempus Torrent in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2. We’ll have to wait and see how it slots into both titles’ metas as they develop and we speed towards Season Three. You can also check out our recommended loadout on the Tempus Torrent for either MW2 or Warzone 2.
Want more Call of Duty? Check out the related content down below.
- Best Lachmann Sub (MP5) Loadout in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2
- Best STB 556 Loadout in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2
- Are There One-Shot Snipers in Warzone 2? Explained
- Best PDSW 528 Loadout in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2
- Warzone 2 Ranked Mode: Leaks, Expected Release Date, Developer & More