One key element to Hokko Life is inviting new villagers to the town of Hokko. But before new residents can move in, they need houses to move into. That’s where you come in! This guide tells you everything you need to know about building new houses and moving new villagers into them.
Gather the Necessary Resources
There are a variety of house designs to choose from at Rosa’s Real Estate Office. While you have access to all of the designs from the day the Real Estate Office opens, you won’t yet be able to craft the necessary resources for most of them. The house designs and their resource requirements are:
- Level 1. 16 wooden planks, 400 coins
- Level 2. 3 stone slabs, 10 wooden planks, 5 bricks, 620 coins
- Level 3. 20 stone slabs, 15 red wood planks, 880 coins
- Level 4. 20 stone slabs, 15 red wood planks, 5 bricks, 1120 coins
Initially, the only design you’ll be able to gather the resources for is the basic level house because you can only craft wooden planks. As you learn to craft other resources, you’ll be able to build a wider variety of homes.
Order a New House
Once you’ve collected the required resources for your home design, go to Rosa’s Real Estate Office in the main part of town.
Speak to Rosa to see the catalog of available houses. Select your desired design and click “buy house.” When Rosa asks you where you would like the house to be located, click “Follow me.”
Walk to wherever you want the new house to be, then talk to Rosa. She will ask if you’ve decided on a location. Select “Around here,” then place the new home where you want it.
Rosa thanks you for your confirmation and informs you that she will be out of the office for a couple of days while she oversees the construction of the new home.
Construction takes two game days. When construction is complete, approach the sign in front of the new home and select it to move in a new villager.
Click “move someone in,” then select the villager you wish to move in.
As the game progresses, you’ll be able to build bigger and more intricate houses for Hokko’s new residents to move into, but the process is always the same. Before you go, don’t forget to check out our other Hokko Life guides, including How to Reach Raised Area of the Meadow in Hokko Life.
- Hokko Life Villager Requests Explained: How to Get and Complete Them
- How to Get into the Mines in Hokko Life
- Hokko Life Review – A Familiar-Feeling Farm Sim with Limitless Creative Freedom
- How to Chop and Plant Trees in Hokko Life
- How to Reach Raised Area of the Meadow in Hokko Life