Wondering how you can update Minecraft Bedrock Edition to the latest version? Well, you aren’t alone. While the game has been around for a long time now, many players might be jumping into Minecraft Bedrock Edition for the first time and still learning the ropes. With Mojang dropping new updates frequently, here’s how you can update Minecraft Bedrock Edition to stay on top of your game.
How to Update Minecraft Bedrock Edition on Windows PC
Updating Minecraft Bedrock Edition on PC isn’t as hard as one might think and only takes a couple of clicks to get it to the latest available version. While any new update for the game should download automatically, in some cases, the windows store can run into some problems when trying to update new games. Make sure the game is closed and follow the steps below to update Minecraft Bedrock Edition:
- Head over to the Microsoft Store.
- In the Microsoft Store, click on the three dots in the top-right corner. Select “Downloads and updates.”
- Select “Get updates.” All your installed applications, including “Minecraft,” should update
How to Update Minecraft Bedrock Edition on consoles
Irrespective of which console you choose to play Minecraft on, the process of updating the game remains mostly the same. If you are looking to update your game to the latest version, here’s how you can easily update Minecraft Bedrock Edition on consoles:
Updating Minecraft Bedrock Edition on Xbox:
- Head over to “My Apps & Games”.
- Select Minecraft and press the more options button.
- From the list, select “Manage game & add-ons” and then “Updates”.
- If any update will be available, simply click on download to update your game to the latest version.
Updating Minecraft Bedrock Edition on PlayStation:
If automatic updates are not enabled on your PlayStation or you are running into some problems, you can update Minecraft Bedrock Edition manually by:
- Selecting the game using the ‘options’ button.
- Then, select ‘check for update’ from the new menu.
Updating Minecraft Bedrock Edition on Nintendo Switch:
Nintendo Switch users can follow the steps below update the game:
- Start the game and a window will pop up about the new Minecraft.
- Hit the button in this window and you will be automatically taken to the eShop where you can download the new Minecraft.
Alternatively, you can simply go to the eShop and search for “Minecraft” and download the update directly.
How to update Minecraft Bedrock Edition on mobile
Mobile users whether it be Android or iOS can update Minecraft Bedrock Edition by:
- Visiting the App Store or Google Play on their device.
- Search for “Minecraft”. If you own Minecraft already you should be able to update Minecraft if it isn’t already updated. If you have the latest version installed just press “Open” and play!
That’s all you need to know about how you can update Minecraft Bedrock Edition. For everything else, be sure to check out Twinfinite.
- All Minecraft Championship (MCC) Winners
- How to Find an Ancient City in Minecraft
- How to Vote for the Next Minecraft Mob in the Minecraft Mob Vote 2022
- What Does Efficiency Do in Minecraft? Answered
- What Does a Fletching Table Do in Minecraft? Answered