The Ashes of War mechanic adds a new layer of magic to FromSoftware’s typical Dark Souls formula, offering new abilities that enhance weapons after they have been applied. One that you’ll encounter very early on in your adventure across The Lands Between kicks up a brief storm that damages enemies caught in its radius. Here’s how to use Storm Stomp in Elden Ring if you’re unsure.
First, to actually find Storm Stomp you need to head to the Gatefront Ruins in Limgrave, which is located fairly close to the tutorial area of the game. We have marked its location on the map you can see below. Note that it’s found in a small cave that is found after descending a small flight of stairs. It is the same location from which you will get the Whetstone Knife, the item that essentially grants you access to the Ashes of War mechanic.
How to Use Storm Stomp in Elden Ring
Once you have the Storm Stomp Ashes of War, follow these steps to use it:
- Visit a Site of Grace and equip the Storm Stomp Ashes of War to one of your weapons. You simply need to cycle to ‘Ashes of War’ on the menu options, then select a weapon and bind Storm Stomp to it.
- Now equip the weapon that you have bound Storm Stomp to and press L2/LB to activate the ability. You will then see your character stomp the ground before a small plume of air rises up. The attack damages all nearby enemies.
- Note that if you are using a weapon with a two-handed option, you must be in two-handed mode to use Storm Stomp. Simply press and hold Triangle/Y to activate this mode on console.
If you have a specific question you cannot find an answer to anywhere on the site then do feel free to reach out in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- Elden Ring’s 1.05 Patch is Now Live; Includes a Ton of Bug Fixes
- Elden Ring Sales Surpassed 13.4 Million Units in Its First 5 Weeks on the Market Alone
- Elden Ring Patch 1.04 Notes Reveal Major Rebalancing of Magic & Weapons
- Elden Ring Player Creates Kratos With This Amazing God of War Build
- The Elden Ring Community Has a New Demigod, & It’s a Naked Man Who’ll Fight Malenia for You