Bungie has brought Strange Coins – the real ones, not the candy ones – back into Destiny 2, and the famed currency is connected to the new 30th anniversary content such as Dares of Eternity, and of course, Xur. In this guide, we’ll go over how to get and farm Strange Coins in Destiny 2 for use in the Bungie 30th Anniversary event.
How to Get Strange Coins in Destiny 2 Bungie 30th Anniversrary Event
Getting Stange Coins is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is participate in activities. A great way to farm would be to go do Dares of Eternity so you can also get Treasure Keys while you’re at it. But, ultimately, you can participate in any ritual activity, heroic public event, or Dares of Eternity and receive Strange Coins at the end as a reward.
What Strange Coins Do
Strange Coins are the primary currency used in the new Bungie 30th Anniversary event as they allow you to purchase weekly bounties from the Starhorse Eternal Equine in Xur’s Treasure Horde.
These bounties that you can purchase are important for a couple of reasons. First, they are quite rewarding, dropping Paraversal Hauls that you can open up for lots of 30th-anniversary goodies on a weekly basis. They also give a nice chunk of XP if that’s something you need.
Also, though, completing the bounties is tied to some of the triumphs you need to complete to unlock the new ornaments and emotes that are connected to the Starhorse.
That’s all there is to know about how to get Strange Coins and what they do. For more on Destiny 2, check out all of our latest content about the 30th anniversary event right here.
- Latest Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Trailer Teases Secrets Abound in Savathun’s Throne World
- New Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Trailer Shows Off More of Savathun’s Throne World & Lucent Hive
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen TGA 2021 Trailer Mixes Live-Action & Cinematic Gameplay to Show Just How Boned Guardians Are Next Year
- Destiny 2 Streamer Drops Sick Freestyles While Raking Up Kills in PvP
- Latest Destiny 2 TWAB Outlines Massive Subclass & Ability Changes for 30th Anniversary Event & Beyond