So you’ve picked up Far Cry 6 and you’re just about to start your conquest to tackle Anton Castillo’s corrupt regime once and for all? But wait! In true Far Cry fashion, there’s an absolute ton of stuff to see and do, so where do you start? Here are 7 things to do first in Far Cry 6.
Download the HD Texture Pack (PS5, Series X|S, & PC Only)
Things to Do First in Far Cry 6
This one is just for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC players, but when you’re installing or downloading the game, make sure you’re also downloading the ‘HD Texture Pack’ whilst you’re at it.
It’s another 20-odd GB to download on console and 37GB on PC, but it’s well worth doing. This essentially gets you all the enhancements to Far Cry 6’s visuals that your PS5, Series X|S, and PC unlock over the last-gen versions of the game. It may take a little while to download (depending on your internet connection) but we can assure you it’s well worth it.
We also think at least 5GB of that is spent on the insane level of detail in Anton Castillo’s (Giancarlo Esposito) face. We kid… or do we?
- Far Cry 5 vs Far Cry 6: Which Ubisoft Game Is Better?
- I Stayed Up Until 2am Trying to Make a Rooster Like Me in Far Cry 6
- Here’s How Big Far Cry 6’s Map Size Is (Measured)
- Far Cry 6 QR Codes Reveal Captain Laserhawk Promo & Possible Hints at New Content
- Far Cry 6 Review – Viva Libertad!