If you’re looking to get your stylish kills on in Deathloop, then you’ll definitely want to make use of Slabs. Slabs are items that can be equipped to give Colt unique abilities, such as invisibility, or the ability to teleport short distances. As such, there’s a good chance you’ll want to use these as you make your way around Black Reef island taking down the various Visionaries. Here’s how to use and upgrade Slabs in Deathloop and what they all do.
Using Slabs in Deathloop
To use a Slab, you must first equip it from your Loadout screen between visiting the different areas of Black Reef island.
Slabs can be placed in the slots in the top right-hand corner of the Loadout screen, and you’ll automatically start out with the ‘Reprise’ slab which gives him a second (and third) chance after dying before you have to start the loop over again.
Once you’ve equipped the Slabs you want to use, simply press up on the d-pad to select a Slab, or hold up on the d-pad to open the Slab wheel, use the right analog to select the one you want to equip, and then release the d-pad to equip it.
After that, it’s simply a case of pressing L1 to use any Slabs that don’t just grant passive abilities (such as Reprise).
All Slabs in Deathloop & What They Do
Below, you’ll find a list of all Slabs in Deathloop, which of the Visionaries you can get them from, and what they do.
- Reprise – This Slab is automatically equipped to Colt from the beginning of the game. It grants him a second and third chance after dying before the loop starts over.
- Havoc (Fia)- When this Slab is active, you deal more damage. Any damage dealt to you hits your power reserve, not your health.
- Aether (Egor) – Grants you the power of invisibility. Any aggressive noise or wrong movement will break the illusion, so you’ll still need to be careful.
- Shift (Charlie) – Allows you to teleport over a short distance. If you’ve adopted a stealthy playstyle or just like zipping about Black Reef quickly, this Slab is the one for you.
- Nexus (Harriet) – Allows you to connect the fates of your enemies. If you kill one enemy, any enemies linked to them will also die. Incredibly satisfying to sit back and watch play out.
- Karnesis (Aleksis) – This Slab grants you the ability to throw enemies around with a flick of your wrist. A true telekinesis-style power that opens up a ton of fun ways to take down any enemies standing in your way.
Every Deathloop Slab can be upgraded to improve or modify its function. These upgrades can be obtained by killing Visionaries more than once and collecting their Slabs again.
- Deathloop’s Latest Patch Should Help With Stuttering Issues on PC
- Deathloop vs. Dishonored: Which Is Better?
- Arkane Is “Actively Investigating” Deathloop’s Stuttering Issues on PC
- 6 Deathloop Tips & Tricks to Get You Started
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Starting Deathloop