The Fortnite week 9 challenges have arrived, and for those looking to complete all of the legendary quests, they’ll need to ‘Place Spy Probes’ somewhere on the map. The problem is, the game doesn’t actually tell you where you need to place these, and with the map being pretty massive, you could end up spending a ton of time trying to figure this one out. Fortunately, this Fortnite Spy Probe guide will pinpoint the exact locations you need to place them to complete this legendary quest.
This quest will go live on Wednesday, August 4 at 10:00am ET, and will earn players 30,000 XP upon completion.
Fortnite Spy Probe Locations
To complete this challenge, you’ll want to head over to Retail Row on the east side of the map. Once you’re here, you’re looking for blue outlines dotted around the named location which look like camcorders on tripods.
We’ve marked all spy probe locations in Retail Row on the map below:
- On the hill north of Retail Row
- On the hill south of the yellow house in the southwest corner of Retail Row
- Just south of the road leading into Retail Row from the west.
Once you’ve arrived at one of these locations, press and hold X/ Square/ Y/ E to interact with and place a spy probe in Fortnite. You’ll need to place a probe in each of these three locations to complete the challenge and earn 30,000 XP.
That’s everything you need to know on where to place Fortnite Spy Probes. For more tips, tricks and guides on the current season challenges, head over to our wiki, or see more of our coverage on the game below.
- Fortnite Season 8 Story & Battle Pass Trailers Reveal the Return of the Cubes & The Foundation
- Fortnite 17.50 Update Adds Fortnite Crew Legacy Set, Sludgy Swamp Named Location & More
- Fortnite Now Has a Martin Luther King Interactive Experience
- Among Us Devs Speak Out Against Fortnite’s New Impostors Mode
- Fortnite Crosses Over With Free Guy for New Quests and Rewards