New Weapon: Glaives
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen will add a brand new, never before seen weapon type — the first since bows were added in Forsaken. Glaives in Destiny 2 will be spear-like melee weapons with a couple of twists.
For starters, they are used in first-person, unlike the third-person view that is seen when using Swords. They also occupy the energy slot instead of the power slot, meaning it should be easier to use them more frequently in combat.
Glaives have their own set of combos that will allow you to strike an enemy up close multiple times, but what makes them stand out is that they can also fire an energy blast that can hit enemies at mid-range. It’s not confirmed exactly how it works, but if we had to take a guess, it’ll like have a system similar to how sword special moves work. Or maybe not! Maybe you can fire off your Glaive as a mid-range weapon all you want, we’ll have to wait and see.
What we do know, is how you’ll get your first Glaive.
- New Destiny 2 Exotic Armor Pieces Get Disabled Due to Unfair PvP Advantages
- Bungie Announces Expansion That Will Conclude Light & Dark Saga, Destiny 2: The Final Shape; Game Will Continue On Afterwards
- Bungie 30th Anniversary Event Coming to Destiny 2 in December; Will Reintroduce D1 Exotic Gjallarhorn
- Destiny 2 Witch Queen Revealed as Savanthun Steps Into the Spotlight With Light-Wielding Hive Guardians; Season of the Lost Detailed
- Bungie Hypes Upcoming Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Reveal With Cryptic Trailer Showing Savathun