Today Sega hosted a livestream to introduce the new content and updates coming to its brand new online action RPG Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis in August.
We start with the Sunshine Marine Stars AC Scratch, the return of the Braver class from Phantasy Star Online 2, the “Astute Braver” SG Scratch, and the “Oracle Renewal Collection II” AC Scratch, most will be coming with the August 4 update excluding the renewal collection, which will come on August 11 alongside a new side story and the ability to toggle the visibility of the Mag.
The “Summer Sky Seaside” AC scratch and the new urgent quest “Mining Rig Defense” will come on August 18, while the SG Scratch “Arks Conductor” will be released one week later on August 25.
A collaboration with Intel will grant the “746: Intel” emote to anyone who purchases a qualify Intel-based device between now and July 2023.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is currently available for Xbox and PC in the west and for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming in Japan.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s what it’s all about.
- Free to play!
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments! Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it — no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models! Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine! Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you’ve never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities! Combine 2 types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with PSO2! Move easily in-game between PSO2:NGS and PSO2.
- Cross-platform! PC and Xbox One players can play together side by side.
The western version of the game includes an English voice track. Sega promises to keep it current with the Japanese version in terms of updates.
You can also check out the extensive look at the character creation we filmed in the Global beta a few months ago, and the first look at the Braver class.