Alongside a number of visual improvements to the entire trilogy, Mass Effect Legendary Edition also brings a new level scaling system. You’ll decide this at the beginning of each game, and this allows you to select either ‘Legendary’ or ‘Classic.’ But how does this effect the Mass Effect Legendary Edition level cap, and how does level scaling work? Fear not, as we’re here to guide you through this confusing XP jungle, so let’s get into it.
Legendary or Classic – Which Level Scaling Option Should You Choose?
The choice between Legendary or Classic determines the max level cap in Mass Effect Legendary Edition.
By choosing ‘Classic’ level scaling, you’ll have the original level 60 level cap. Outside of that, XP and talent points progression remains the same, but the number of levels is doubled.
By selecting ‘Legendary’ level scaling, changes the level cap to 30 instead. This makes leveling up feel like less of a grind than in the original games, but other than that, there’s not a whole lot else to distinguish the two modes.
You’ll still earn the same number of talent points to invest in your characters in both level scaling options, but they’ll just come that little bit slower in Classic. It also takes slightly longer to level up in Legendary, but not by a huge amount from our experience.
What the Max Level Cap Is in Mass Effect Legendary Edition
As noted above, the max level cap is determined by the level scaling option you choose. We’ve cleared this up for you below:
- Legendary Level Scaling: Max Level Cap = 30
- Classic Level Scaling: Max Level Cap = 60
It’s worth pointing out that once you’ve selected a level scaling option and have started the game proper, you won’t be able to change this midway through a playthrough. If you do want to change, you’ll have to start a new game.
There you have all you need to know about Mass Effect Legendary Edition level scaling and level caps.
For more tips and tricks, head over to our wiki, or see more of our coverage on the game below.
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Improves PC Performance, Adds Subtitle Options & More
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Roasts Gamestop on the Citadel
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Finally Changes Tali’s Stock Photo Face
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Fixes Crashing Issues, Achievement Tracking & More
- Is Mass Effect Legendary Edition Worth It? What You Need to Know