Throughout Mass Effect 2, there will come a time where you’ll need to make important decisions regarding your squadmates that will decide whether they live or die. While that can certainly be nerve-wracking, don’t worry about it too much, as we’ve got just the guidance you need to keep everyone alive. Here is everything you need to know about gaining Grunt’s loyalty in Mass Effect 2 so that he survives into Mass Effect 3.
How to Get Grunt Loyal in Mass Effect 2 – Loyalty Guide
Thankfully, Grunt is actually one of the characters you need to recruit in Mass Effect 2, so you won’t have to worry too about missing out on recruiting him. As such, all you’ll need to do to pick him up is progress through the game’s main campaign, and his tank will eventually be taken to your ship after completing the mission Dossier: The Warlord.
You will, however, need to make sure to choose the option where you let him out of his tank. If you don’t, he will obviously never be a part of your squad, meaning you won’t get to do his loyalty mission. Alongside this, he will also be taken by the Collectors if you don’t let him out when starting the mission, showing up later as an enemy.
If you don’t let him out on the first time for some reason, just go to the back of the ship where the tank is located and let him out before you begin the Reaper IFF mission.
Rite of Passage
Once you do let Grunt out of his tank, you’ll eventually get a notification from EDI or Kelly Chambers to visit Grunt. You’ll find the Krogan in his chambers in a blood frenzy. EDI will then suggest you take him to Tuchanka to consult Clan Urdnot. This will trigger the mission Grunt: Rite of Passage.
Without going into spoilers, you’ll need to progress through Grunt’s loyalty mission to the very end in order to get his loyalty. There is no make-or-break decision that you’ll have to make, as this mission mostly just combat-based in typical Krogan fashion.
How to Keep Grunt Loyal in Mass Effect 2
- Recruit Grunt by completing Dossier: The Warlord.
- Free him from the tank when given the choice aboard the Normandy.
- Complete other missions until Grunt’s loyalty mission, Grunt: Rite of Passage.
- Complete Grunt: Rite of Passage.
That is everything you need to know about gaining Grunt’s loyalty in Mass Effect 2 so that he survives into Mass Effect 3. Do all of these correctly and you’ll have the best possible chance for keeping him alive through the events of Mass Effect 2. For more tips, tricks, and FAQs answered, be sure to check out our Mass Effect LE wiki guide for more helpful info.
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Improves PC Performance, Adds Subtitle Options & More
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Roasts Gamestop on the Citadel
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Finally Changes Tali’s Stock Photo Face
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Fixes Crashing Issues, Achievement Tracking & More
- Is Mass Effect Legendary Edition Worth It? What You Need to Know