Your character isn’t the only thing that can be upgraded in Mass Effect 2. You can also tinker with the Normandy itself and acquire bonuses that not only improve your quality of life but also can even literally save a life in-game as well. Here are all Normandy Ship Upgrades you can buy in Mass Effect 2 and which ones you need to get in order for everyone to survive the events of the end of the game.
Note that upgrades cannot be acquired until you’ve recruited the Salarian Scientist, Mordin, onto your crew. Once you have his space set up, the Normandy Upgrade terminal can be found in his living/office space. All upgrades have a resource cost associated with them as well.
While the Med-Bay upgrade is available after you’ve recruited Mordin, the rest are obtained via conversing with the squadmate listed below and asking them about Normandy Ship Upgrades after you’ve completed their loyalty mission. So make sure you recruit everyone and then get those loyalty missions done. You don’t need for them to be loyal (although you should get them there), you just need the mission to be complete.
All Normandy Ship Upgrades Mass Effect 2
- Advanced Mineral Scanner (15,000 Iridium) – Miranda
- Extended Fuel Cells (3,000 Element Zero) – Samara/Morinth
- Heavy Ship Armor (15,000 Palladium) – Jacob
- Med-Bay Upgrade (50,000 Platinum) – Recruit Mordin
- Modular Probe Bay (15,000 Iridium)- Thane
- Multicore Shielding (15,000 Palladium) – Tali
- Thanix Cannon (15,000 Platinum) – Garrus
Which Ship Upgrades Do You Need to Survive?
So, as we just alluded to, at the end of the game people can die. We tell you anything else about the ending but if you want to know which upgrades you need to buy in order for everyone to make it through the events of the final mission, here’s which ones you need. If you don’t want to know, just leave this article now.
You’ll need the following three to keep everyone alive: Heavy Ship Armor, Multicore Shielding, and the Thanix Cannon.
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Improves PC Performance, Adds Subtitle Options & More
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Roasts Gamestop on the Citadel
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Finally Changes Tali’s Stock Photo Face
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Fixes Crashing Issues, Achievement Tracking & More
- Is Mass Effect Legendary Edition Worth It? What You Need to Know