While the Mass Effect series isn’t really known for its puzzles, there are a few here and there that may stump you. One such challenge can be found on Noveria while searching for Matriarch Benezia at Peak 15. Here is everything you need to know about how to solve the memory core puzzle in Mass Effect 1.
Regardless of when you choose to go to Noveria, you’ll eventually have to complete the memory core puzzle at peak 15. It occurs naturally in the progression of the story, so just follow the overall mission details for Noveria: Matriarch Benezia.
Once you activate the power core, take the elevator down to repair the VI. You can accomplish this with 100 omni-gell or by completing the puzzle.
If you choose to do the puzzle, you’ll have to follow the specific rules that have been laid out. Those rules include:
- Only a single box may be transferred to any stack, regardless of whether or not they are adjacent.
- Only the topmost box will be “picked up” when one presses the corresponding face button. It will be ‘placed’ in the same order when another face button is pressed. This means that if the top-most box is selected, it will drop into the top most area of any stack it is dropped in. The same applies to the other boxes as well.
- A box may not be transferred to a space where there will be a blue box in any slot above it.
- After transferring a box to another stack, it may be transferred back as many times as required.
- Only one box may be “picked up” at a time.
Memory Core Puzzle Solution in Mass Effect 1
Now that you know the rules, it is time to actually start the puzzle. We won’t make you try and figure it out yourself, though, so don’t stress out about it. Below is the input order for both consoles, as well as PC.
- Xbox: X Y, X B, Y B, X Y, B X, B Y, X Y, X B, Y B, Y X, B X, Y B, X Y, X B, Y B, A
- PC: Column 1 → 2, 1 → 3, 2 → 3, 1 → 2, 3 → 1, 3 → 2, 1 → 2, 1 → 3, 2 → 3, 2 → 1, 3 → 1, 2 → 3, 1 → 2, 1 → 3, 2 → 3
- PlayStation: Square Triangle, Square Circle, Triangle Circle, Square Triangle, Circle Square, Circle Triangle, Square Triangle, Square Circle, Triangle Circle, Triangle Square, Circle Square, Triangle Circle, Square Triangle, Square Circle, Triangle Circle, X
And that is everything you need to know about how to solve the memory core puzzle in Mass Effect 1. For more on the game, check out our Mass Effect Legendary Edition guide wiki. It’ll help you progress throughout the game and give you plenty of tips on the best weapons and classes to use throughout the series.
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Improves PC Performance, Adds Subtitle Options & More
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Roasts Gamestop on the Citadel
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Finally Changes Tali’s Stock Photo Face
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Fixes Crashing Issues, Achievement Tracking & More
- Is Mass Effect Legendary Edition Worth It? What You Need to Know