There’s a lot of depth to Biomutant’s role-playing mechanics, which offer players lots of ways to fine-tune their builds throughout the adventure according to their playstyle. That starts with the excellent character creator, which not only lays the foundation for your mutant’s build but also matches their appearance to match whichever way you decide to lean. But if you’re a little unsure or overwhelmed with how it works, here’s Biomutant’s character creation system explained.
Character Creation Explained in Biomutant
If you’re familiar with RPGs then you’ll be used to the process of creating a character more or less according to what sort of playstyle you think you’d like to play, and how you would like your character to look.
The same systems are in place in Biomutant, except here how your characters “plays” (what stats they have) directly relates to how they look. For example, a strength build or “tank” setup means your mutant is going to look extremely buff and stocky in terms of their build. However, their appearance will also be changed by the class you choose and the different color schemes of fur opt for as well.
The character creation system is broken into several stages, starting with Breed (pictured above), mutations, fur color, and class.
- Breed – foundation stats
- Mutations – enhancing each stat, changing character’s frame and appearance
- Fur color – modifying their appearance further
- Class – determining their speciality and which “Perks” will be available to upgrade, modifying outfit/appearance
Class is perhaps the most consequential part of the character creation system because while you can modify your mutant’s stats and alter their strengths throughout the game (by leveling, Wung Fu, and “General” Perks), once you’ve locked into a class you’ll only ever be able to modify the specialist perks affiliated with that type. For example, a Psi-Freak build will only ever have Psi-Freak perks available (in addition to general perks), a Sentinel will only have Sentinel perks available, etc.
Hopefully that gives you a good overview of the character creation in Biomutant. For more useful tips and tricks for the game, be sure to check out Twinfinite’s guide wiki. Otherwise, you should see some related content below that may prove helpful.
If you have any questions that we haven’t answered on the site, then always feel free to reach out in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- New Biomutant Patch Released on PC Improves Tutorial Pacing, Adds Narrator & Dialogue Options
- New Biomutant Update Will Add Narrator Settings, Tweak Dialogue Pacing, Difficulty, Video Settings & More
- Biomutant’s Lifeless Open World Is a Reminder That Size Isn’t Everything
- 10 Things to Do First in Biomutant
- Biomutant Review – Does Not Transmute