Nier Replicant serves as a prequel for 2017’s smash hit, Nier: Automata. The 2021 release is more than just a remaster of the Japan-exclusive release from back in 2010, it also includes a bunch of new content. On your adventure through the game, you’ll end up coming across all manner of different items. Mutton is one one of these items. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to get Mutton in Nier Replicant, and what you’ll be using it for during your time in the game.
How to Get Mutton in Nier Replicant
Mutton is obtained by killing sheep and then examining their corpses. The best sheep spawn location we’ve found while playing through the game is out in the Northern Plains, which is right towards the beginning of your adventure.
Keep in mind that once a sheep is attacked, it’ll run away from you making it more difficult to actually kill it. We’d suggest using your magic ranged attacks, or ensure you can one-hit the sheep with a physical attack to help speed up the process.
What Mutton Is Used For
The only reason use for Mutton is to sell it for money, but you don’t just want to sell it to any old vendor in the market.
Instead, look out for a female NPC near the stores in your village. She’ll give you a side quest that tasks you with bringing her 10 pieces of Mutton. Bring the 10 Mutton back to her and she’ll give you a better, premium price for it.
This quest is repeatable, so we’d suggest keeping hold of any Mutton you find until you’ve got 10 to take to her.
- All English Voice Actors in NieR Replicant’s Cast
- NieR: Automata Has Sold 7 Million Units; NieR Replicant at 1.5 Million
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… Choir Arrangement Album Sounds Wonderful in New Trailer
- NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139… Getting Adorably Grumpy Kainé Nendoroid Figure
- NieR Replicant 10+1 Years Anniversary Vinyl Gets Insanely Pretty Artwork, Pre-Orders Open Now