If you’re looking to craft Black Metal weapons and items, then you’ll need a certain resource that is somewhat rare. Here’s how to make Linen Thread in Valheim if you’re unsure of the process.
How to Make Linen Thread in Valheim
There are a few steps to take before you can actually make Linen Thread. Namely, you’ll need to defeat the game’s fourth boss, Moder. This will require you to explore the mountain biomes to find his altar.
Moder will drop several recipes after dying. One will be for the Spinning Wheel, which is the most important tool in your mission to make Linen Thread. You can build it with the following resources:
- Fine wood x20
- Iron nails x10
- Leather scraps x5
Now you will need to feed a different material into your Spinning Wheel; namely, Flax. We have a dedicated guide for how to find Flax, but the long and the short of it is that you’ll need to head to the Fuling Village in the Plains biome and look for cultivated patches of land.
With your Linen Thread supplies, you can then craft powerful new weapons like the Black Metal Sword, Knife, and Axe, as well as the awesome Porcupine mace.
Here’s a quick recap of the process:
Time needed: 1 minute.
- Defeat Moder, the game’s fourth boss, to earn the Spinning Wheel crafting recipe.
- Build a Spinning Wheel.
- Find Flax from the Plains biome, then feed it into your Spinning Wheel to make Linen Thread.
That’s all you need to know about how to get Linen Thread in Valheim. For more tips and tricks, check out our Valheim guide wiki. It has guides covering topics like how to get leather scraps and how to get iron.
You should also see some related content below. For any questions you have that aren’t answered, always feel free to reach out in the comment section and we’ll do our best to help out.
- Best Valheim Mods You Can’t Live Without
- These Recreations of Skyrim’s Iconic Locations Make Me Feel Bad About My Valheim Builds
- Latest Valheim Patch Nerfs Greydwarf Farming, Issues Balancing Changes & Bug Fixes
- 6 Best Valheim Seeds You Need To Check Out for a Good Start
- 4 Features That Set Valheim Apart From Other Survival Games