Earlier today, Niantic announced an already full schedule of events, raids, spotlight hours, and more coming to Pokemon GO this April. They also touched on Snivy Community Day again, but the big news is the six events already planned for April.
In order of occurrence, the April Pokemon GO events are Team GO Rocket Timed Research (Apr. 1 to Apr. 8), Spring into Spring (Apr. 4 to Apr. 8), Rivals’ Week (Apr. 13 to Apr. 18), Sustainability Week (Apr. 20 to Apr. 25), Friendship Day (Apr. 24), and one more event that they didn’t mention by name (end of April to the beginning of May).
Here is Niantic’s full breakdown of what you can expect during those events:
- Team GO Rocket Timed Research: From Thursday, April 1, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time, be sure to complete Timed Research to get a Super Rocket Radar, which you can use to battle Giovanni!
- Spring into Spring: From Sunday, April 4, 2021, to Thursday, April 8, 2021, you can look forward to a spring-themed event! Look out for Chansey, Blissey, and Happiny wearing flower crowns, as well as other spring- and Egg-themed surprises!
- Rivals’ Week: From Tuesday, April 13, 2021, to Sunday, April 18, 2021, Pokémon that are rivals will be featured, including some Pokémon making their Pokémon GO debut!
- Sustainability Week: From Tuesday, April 20, 2021 to Sunday, April 25, 2021, you can look forward to a sustainability-themed event! Pokémon like Grimer, Trubbish, and more will be appearing more often in the wild, and it’s up to all of us to catch them!
- Friendship Day: On Saturday, April 24, 2021, celebrate friendship with a brand-new event!
- April will end with a snappy event that will continue into May, so keep a lookout for more details later in April!
Don’t forget to take advantage of that Team GO Rocket Timed Research. In April, Giovanni’s Shadow Legendary Pokemon will be the Electric/Flying-type Zapdos.
The four Spotlight Hour Pokemon and bonuses were also revealed in this announcement. Keep in mind that Spotlight Hours take place every Tuesday from 6 PM to 7 PM local time. You can see the full details in the table below.
|Buneary||Double Transfer Candy||Apr. 6|
|Mankey||Double Evolution XP||Apr. 13|
|Grimer||Double Catch Stardust||Apr. 20|
|Finneon||Double Catch XP||Apr. 27|
With the turning of the calendar, a new Pokemon will take the place of Gible as the Research Breakthrough reward encounter. From Apr. 1 at 1 PM PT to May 1 at 1 PM PT, male Frillish will be taking Gible’s place.
And it wouldn’t be a monthly Pokemon GO schedule blowout without some details about the upcoming Mega and Legendary raids. Right now, you can challenge Therian Forme Thundurus in five-star raids.
But soon you’ll be able to challenge Therian Forme Tornadus starting on Mar. 30 at 10 AM local time until Apr. 13 at 10 AM local time. Then after that, Therian Forme Landorus will take over from Apr. 13 at 10 AM local time until Apr. 27 at 10 AM local time.
And last but not least, the Incarnate Formes of Thundurus, Landorus, and Tornadus will be returning to five-star raids with their shiny versions. This will run from Apr. 27 at 10 AM local time until an unannounced date in May.
As for Mega raids, they will be slightly less eventful. There will be one “surprise” Mega that will join raids starting on Apr. 4 at 10 AM local time and stay in them for the rest of April. However, there’s no certainty that it will even be a new Mega Evolution.
Before that, Mega Houndoom, Mega Manectric, and Mega Abomasnow will be in raids up until that “surprise” appears. Mega Gengar and Mega Manectric will then return on Apr. 5 at 10 AM local time until Apr. 20 at 10 AM local time. Finally, Mega Venusaur and Mega Abomasnow will return to Mega raids from Apr. 20 at 10 AM local time through May.
At the end of the post, Niantic also reminded players to pick up their weekly free boxes from the Shop. Every Monday a new bundle releases with a Remote Raid Pass and other items.
You can check out the official release about the April events in Pokemon GO right here.
- Eevee Community Day Returns to Pokemon GO In July for Two-Day Celebration
- Free YouTube Premium & In-Game Items Included in Pokemon GO Fest Perks
- Pokemon GO Revenue Exceeds $5 Billion on its 5 Year Anniversary
- The Bidoof Celebrations in Pokemon Go Just Keep On Coming
- Niantic Is Changing Up Pokemon GO’s Exploration Bonuses In Response to COVID-19 Developments