Motion blur is not for everyone, especially when it makes people feel dizzy. As such, it makes complete sense that some gamers would want to turn this setting off in People Can Fly’s newest action-RPG, Outriders. Here is everything you need to know about how to turn off motion blur in Outriders.
How to Turn off Motion Blur in Outriders
Since Outriders uses motion blur quite a bit, it is understandable that some players would want to turn it off. Not only will this make enemies easier to see, but it’ll make those who get motion sickness from it enjoy the game much more.
So how exactly do you turn this setting off? People Can Fly addressed the lack of motion blur options recently by adding a toggle for the setting in the Display menu.
PC players can take this a step further though, using a bit of manual input.
To make this adjustment on your PC version of Outriders, you’re going to config file edit to adjust motion blur. You’ll do this by implementing the following steps:
- Open C:\Users[your user name]\AppData\Local\Madness\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor in your computer files.
- Open Engine.ini, and Gameusersettings.ini via a text editor
- At the bottom of each file, add what you see below in individual lines:
If you want to make other adjustments to settings, you can also add in something for altering the depth of field by putting r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0 at the bottom of each page.
A motion blur toggle was added in a recent update. Now, players can go to the Display section of the game menu to find the setting. Simply turn it off with the press of a button to remove the effect.
That is everything you need to know about how to turn off motion blur in Outriders. If you’re still looking for info on other parts of the game, be sure to check out our guide wiki. We’ve got ones covering topics like how to link accounts and enable crossplay that are sure to help.
- Outriders Played by Over 3.5 Million Players in its First Month, Square Enix Announces
- Outriders Inventory Restoration Fix Will Give Players Some Weapons Back
- Even With the Latest Patch, Outriders Players are Still Experiencing Inventory Wipes
- Outriders Review – A Complete Experience
- Outriders’ First Big Patch Nerfs Several Classes, Inventory Restoration Coming Soon