There are a wide variety of crafting items to track down in Monster Hunter Rise. Some only require you to defeat a specific enemy, but others have more convoluted methods for obtaining them. It’s for this reason that you’re probably stumped when it comes to figuring out how to get Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise.
Fortunately, we were in the same boat, and after doing some digging we’ve figured out how it’s done. You’ll find a detailed explanation of how to get these rare items down below, as well as some info on what they’re used for.
How to Get Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise
Currently, Commendations can only be obtained as rewards for completing specific quests in Monster Hunter Rise.
Namely, you’ll need to complete quests which require you to defeat several different targets. This means you’ll have to track and hunt down one powerful monster, dust yourself off, and then go after the next target without being able to return to your main hub.
We’ve made a list of some of the quests you can currently complete to get Commendations down below. We’ll add any other quests we come across which reward you with the rare item as we find them.
- Like a Flash of Lightning (Six Star Village Request)
- King of the Sky, Bane of the Land (Six Star Village Request)
- A Test of Courage (Six Star Village Request)
- Tail to Tail (Three Star Hub Quest)
- Disastrously Beautiful (Three Star Hub Quest)
- Beastly Chaos (Three Star Hub Quest)
What Commendations Are Used for
As for what Commendations are used for in Monster Hunter Rise, it’s definitely worth the effort.
By using them alongside other rare materials, you can forge the upgraded versions of the game’s Sinister weaponry. These are some of the better weapons you can get overall, and will go a long way in helping you overcome some of the more challenging hunts offered in the late and post game.
Hopefully this cleared up how to get Commendations in Monster Hunter Rise. For more on the game, check out our guide wiki. It has plenty of other guides that can walk you through topics like how to get Thunderbugs and how to use Warm Pelts.
- Monster Hunter Rise Update 2.0 Trailer Shows Onazuchi; Update 3.0 Teased With More New Monsters
- Capcom Celebrates 5 Million Copies Sold for Monster Hunter Rise By Giving Out Free In-Game Items
- Monster Hunter Rise Gets New Patch to Finally Fix Game-Breaking Save File Bug
- Monster Hunter Rise Review – Going Above and Beyond
- Monster Hunter Rise Still Has Too Steep of A Learning Curve