Bows, introduced in the Forsaken expansion, are still building up a roster of viable weapons. There are only a small handful of bows in the game right now, both on the legendary and exotic end of things, but there are still a few worth considering. These are the best bows in Destiny 2 for PvE, PvP, and Gambit.
Best Bows in Destiny 2 (2021)
Best for PvE and Gambit
- Biting Wind (Kinetic) – Europa weapon obtainable through weapon quests from Variks.
- Leviathan’s Breath (Power, Void, Exotic) – Obtained via the exotic quest, Make Bows, Not War.
- Point of the Stag (Energy, Arc) – Iron Banner weapon during Season of the Worthy.
- Ticuu’s Divination (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Season of the Chosen seasonal pass exotic.
- Trinity Ghoul (Energy, Arc, Exotic) – Random rare exotic world drop.
There are only a handful of bows in total in Destiny 2, so we’re going to try and keep the below recommendations laser-focused on truly the best bows in Destiny 2.
For the legendary bows in PvE, generally you want to grab perks such as Rampage, Explosive Head, Dragonfly and/or Archer’s Tempo as they are quite helpful for maximizing your DPS.
Trinity Ghoul with the exotic perk is arguably the best add clearing weapon in the game hands down. With the ability to trigger the Lightning Rod attack off of any kill while the exotic catalyst is inserted, Trinity Ghoul can wipe red bars off the map in a matter of seconds.
Leviathan’s Breath has a niche in Nightfall: The Ordeal. You can use it to stop an Unstoppable Champion without having to use Unstoppable rounds on one of your other guns.
Finally, the newest entry, Tucuu’s Divination offers a nice mix of potent add clearing explosions (although not as destructive as Trinity Ghoul) but with better single-target DPS than Trinity Ghoul. It also is Solar, so it can be effectively used in a Warmind Cell build which is an added perk.