Destiny 2’s current meta goes through twists and turns as weapons rise in popularity, dominate the raid meta, and then get nerfed. In this guide we’re going to run through the best weapons for PvE and raids in Destiny 2 as of Shadowkeep. We’ll start with Legendary weapons and then dive into the best exotic weapons for PvE and raid content as well.
Best Legendary Weapons for PvE & Raids in Destiny 2
First off, it’s worth just getting out of the way that in Destiny 2, most stuff can be cleared with almost any weapon if you’re good enough. We’re just passing along weapon loadout ideas that offer you the path of least resistance.
As it stands right now as of Shadowkeep, the meta heavily favors grenade launchers with Spike Grenades, hence while they are so prevalent on this list. Snipers are also in a great spot in Garden of Salvation, but it’s generally exotic ones such as Izanagi’s Burden that are most popular.
A lot of the current best legendary weapons for PvE come from pinnacle weapons quests.
Recluse is still an absolute monster in PvE, and after the fusion rifle buff, Loaded Question is one of the most powerful weapons as well. If you can’t get some of the pinnacle weapons, Bygones is a great pulse that isn’t hard to obtain. Badlander is a solid replacement for Ikelos (which is still good even after the nerf).
Although not listed here, Midnight Coup & Austringer are both great Hand Cannons as well if you can’t get your hands on Spare Rations, you really can’t go wrong with any of those if you like Hand Cannons.
Tranquility, added in Shadowkeep, is an excellent kinetic sniper rifle that can roll with some really great perks like Firing Line and Auto-Loading holster. If you’re not a fan of that one, the PvP classics such as Beloved, Revoker or whatever feels best to you works as well.
- 21% Delirium (LMG, Arc Power) – Gambit pinnacle weapon obtained from the Drifter after completing the triumph “Notorious Hustle.”
- Age-Old Bond (Auto Rifle, Void Energy) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Last Wish.
- Badlander (Shotgun, Arc Energy) – Obtained via random drops from Legendary Engrams and rank-up packages.
- Bygones (Pulse Rifle, Kinetic) – Obtained via random drops after Gambit matches or from rank-up packages from the Drifter.
- Buzzard (Sidearm, Kinetic) – Complete the Season of Dawn ritual weapon quest, Anything that moves.
- Exit Strategy (SMG, Kinetic) – Complete the Gambit Ritual Weapon quest, Clean Getaway.
- Hammerhead (LMG, Void Power) – Forgeable Black Armory weapon frame received from Ada-1.
- Ikelos_SG (Shotgun, Solar Energy) – Possible drop from wave 7 Escalation Protocol final bosses.
- Loaded Question (Fusion Rifle, Arc Energy) – Obtained via the Vanguard pinnacle weapon quest, “Loaded Question” from Zavala
- The Recluse (SMG, Void Energy) – Obtained via “The Stuff of Myth” pinnacle weapon quest from Lord Shaxx.
- Spare Rations (Hand Cannon, Kinetic) – Possible drop from Gambit Prime matches and successful Reckoning runs.
- Swarm of the Raven (Grenade Launcher, Void Energy) – Possible reward from Iron Banner rank-up packages.
- The Mountaintop (Grenade Launcher, Kinetic) – Obtained via “The Mountaintop” pinnacle weapon quest from Lord Shaxx.
- Tranquility (Sniper Rifle, Kinetic) – Obtained via the Lectern of Enchantment on the Moon.
- Wendigo GL3 (Grenade Launcher, Arc Power) – Obtained via Vanguard pinnacle weapon quest from Commander Zavala.