Destiny 2’s meta goes through twists and turns as weapons rise in popularity and either counters are found, or Bungie ends up nerfing them into oblivion and new favorites rise. In this guide we’re going to run through the best weapons for PvP Crucible and Competitive game modes in Destiny 2. We’ll start with Legendary weapons and then dive into the best exotic weapons for PvP as well.
Best Legendary Weapons for PvP, Crucible, Competitive in Destiny 2
Let’s start this off by saying ultimately what the best weapon is for PvP in Destiny 2 for you is whatever gun you’re most comfortable using. Sure Dust Rock Blues is great, but if you suck with shotguns well, it’s not going to be great for you. There’s no auto-win gun.
Below you can find the Crucible’s greatest hits over the last few months though if you’re looking for some ideas as far as legendary weapons goes.
Erentil FR4, if you know how to work a fusion rifle, is incredibly popular at the moment, while Beloved is excellent on any map that allows for decent sniping.
Obviously, Hand Cannons are incredibly popular and, between the options below, or any of the exotic ones we have listed in the next section, you have no shortage of Hand Cannons to choose from. Picking one is splitting hairs, go with what feels best to you.
New to Shadowkeep via the Garden of Salvation is Sacred Provenance which gives Blast Furnace and Bygones a run for their money as the new king of kinetic pulse rifles.
- Beloved (Sniper Rifle, Solar Energy) – Possible reward from the Menagerie event on the Leviathan.
- Blast Furnace (Pulse Rifle, Kinetic) – Forgeable Black Armory weapon frame from Ada-1.
- Bygones (Pulse Rifle, Kinetic) – Obtained via random drops after Gambit matches or from rank-up packages from the Drifter.
- Dust Rock Blues (Shotgun, Kinetic) – Obtained via by completing activities on The Tangled Shore.
- Erentil FR4 (Fusion Rifle, Void Energy) – Turn in weapon materials to Banshee-44 for rank up packages at the Tower.
- Hammerhead (LMG, Void Power) – Forgeable Black Armory weapon frame received from Ada-1.
- Luna’s Howl (Hand Cannon, Solar Energy) – Obtained via “Remembrance” from Lord Shaxx.
- Mindbender’s Ambition (Shotgun, Energy, Solar) – Rare drop from completing The Hollowed Lair on Nightfall difficulty.
- Not Forgotten (Hand Cannon, Solar Energy) – Not Forgotten is essentially an upgraded version of Luna’s Howl. Complete the quest for Luna’s Howl and then a new quest to get Not Forgotten will become available.
- Play of the Game (Grenade Launcher, Arc Energy) – Obtained via random drops from Legendary Engrams and rank-up packages.
- Randy’s Throwing Knife (Scout Rifle, Kinetic) – Obtained via Crucible Ritual Weapon quest.
- Recluse (SMG, Void Energy) – Obtained via “The Stuff of Myth” pinnacle weapon quest from Lord Shaxx.
- Revoker (Kinetic) – Complete the Crucible pinnacle quest In Your Sights.
- Sacred Provenance (Pulse Rifle, Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Garden of Salvation.
- Spare Rations (Hand Cannon, Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing Gambit Prime matches and The Reckoning Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Twilight Oath (Sniper Rifle, Solar Energy) – Possible reward from completing activities and select bounties while in The Dreaming City.
- Trust (Hand Cannon, Solar Energy) – Obtained via random drops after Gambit matches or from rank-up packages from the Drifter.
- Wizened Rebuke (Fusion Rifle, Energy, Arc) – Possible drop from Iron Banner rank up packages, bounties, and completed matches.