Destiny 2’s meta goes through twists and turns as weapons rise in popularity and either counters are found, or Bungie ends up nerfing them. In this guide, we’re going to run through the best weapons to use in Destiny 2’s PvEvP game mode, Gambit. We’ll start with Legendary weapons and then dive into the best exotic weapons for Gambit as well.
Best Legendary Weapons for Gambit in Destiny 2
In Gambit in Destiny 2, you need to consider your Prime role, and what kind of gameplay you’re going to be focusing on. Thus, the best legendary weapons for Gambit is heavily reliant on what kind of style of play you want to embrace.
For example, if you’re invading or want to counter invaders, sniper rifles such as Twilight Oath, Recluse, and Revoker all are quite useful.
And as long as you have spare ammo, it can be helpful for burning the primeval if you run out ammo for whatever you’re using in your power slot.
If you’re focusing on PvE or burning down the primeval, then the usual suspects such as spike grenade Swarm of the Raven and Recluse are great.
Weapons with Rampage are great in Gambit too, since you’re constantly fighting tightly packed groups of enemies. Breakneck in particular is an excellent add clearing weapon even still after its nerf.
Loaded Question is a great overall weapon to have around for Gambit since it’s halfway decent as an Invader/counter weapon, does decent boss/major damage, and most importantly, can annihilate groups of minors in an instant. All of the above can be said about Hammerhead as well.
- 21% Delirium (LMG, Arc Power) – Gambit pinnacle weapon obtained from the Drifter after completing the triumph “Notorious Hustle.”
- Breakneck (Auto Rifle, Kinetic) – Obtained via Gambit pinnacle weapon obtained from the Drifter after completing the quest “Breakneck.”
- Beloved (Sniper Rifle, Solar Energy) – Possible reward from the Menagerie event on the Leviathan.
- Exit Strategy (Kinetic) – Complete the Gambit Ritual Weapon quest, Clean Getaway.
- Hammerhead (LMG, Void Power) – Forgeable Black Armory weapon frame received from Ada-1.
- Loaded Question (Fusion Rifle, Arc Energy) – Obtained via the Vanguard pinnacle weapon quest, “Loaded Question” from Zavala.
- Love and Death (Grenade Launcher, Solar Energy) Obtained via the Lectern of Enchantment on the Moon.
- The Recluse (SMG, Void Energy) – Obtained via “The Stuff of Myth” pinnacle weapon quest from Lord Shaxx.
- Revoker (Sniper, Kinetic) – Obtained via “In Your Sights” pinnacle weapon quest from Lord Shaxx.
- Spare Rations (Hand Cannon, Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing Gambit Prime matches and The Reckoning Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Swarm of the Raven (Grenade Launcher, Void Energy) – Possible reward from Iron Banner rank-up packages.
- Twilight Oath (Sniper Rifle, Solar Energy) – Possible reward from completing activities and select bounties while in The Dreaming City.
- Wendigo GL3 (Grenade Launcher, Void Power) – Obtained via Vanguard Pinnacle Weapon quest.