While it is entirely possible to play Valheim on your own, it’s probably more fun when playing with some friends. However, it’s not that easy to work out how to jump into a game other people. If you’re playing and want to bring friends in to join you, here’s everything you need to know about how to invite friends in Valheim.
In Valheim, you can squad up in a procedurally generated world to try and survive together. You won’t feel underpowered in the world when you’re alongside friends, so it is the best way to play.
How to Invite Friends in Valheim
While there is no way to literally invite friends in Valheim with a specific button, you can do it in a roundabout way. The first thing you’re going to have to do is choose what server you’re going to be playing on.
You can either select your character and then jump into an existing server or select New to start from scratch. If you want to start a new server, you first need to select either Start Server or Community Server. The former will restrict the world to you and your friends only, while the latter will allow anyone in.
Then, you can choose whether you want to set a password for the server. If you don’t set one, anyone from your friends list on Steam will be able to join without asking, while a password lets you choose who you invite to your Valheim server.
Once you’re into your game, you can tell your friends to join or send them the password, which is as close as you can get to inviting them. If your friends are confused on how to join, we’ve outlined the steps down below.
- First, select Join Game
- Then, select Friends, which will bring up any active servers that your friends have
- Select which one you want to join and put in the password if it’s required
- Select Connect and you’ll be into the world with your friends
- Valheim Stone Golems: Where to Find & How to Beat Them
- Valheim: How to Build a Dock
- Valheim: How to Get a Windmill & What It Does
- Valheim: How to Get Padded Armor
- Valheim: How to Get Iron Sledgehammer